Monday, August 15, 2016

Are You Into the Olympics?


NOTE: This is my second post of today. If you're here to check out the new MelonHeadz Friends Challenge, you can find it by clicking HERE... or just keep scrolling to the blog post after this one.

Today is the 15th so it's time for a friendly duel.......... the Dueling Darlings are hosted this month by Deb (Dazzlers) and Judy (Divas)............. and their theme is certainly timely!

Going to Rio with the Olympic Darlings

I'm a Dazzler so I received a FANTASTIC kit from Deb! THANK YOU, Deb! (I'm sure Judy sent an equally wonderful kit to the Divas, but I haven't seen it...... yet.)

Deb's kit included:

Image:  Penny Black “Gymnast Mimi”

DP:        Scrapbook Customs – "Cheerleading Star Field"
              Karen Foster – "Everything Gymnastics"

Embellishments:
Blue Twine from K&Co.
White Twine from Stampin’ Up!
Red/White Twine – dollar bin Michaels
Gold & Silver Cord – Stampin’ Up!
Star Brads – Stampin’ Up!

The only thing of my own that I used was some Gray and Navy Cardstock (card base and matting).


Here's my card:


I absolutely loved the designer paper and just HAD to use it!!! And then I wanted to do that "coil of cording" that I see on so many lovely cards..........well, that didn't turn out like I envisioned it. Drats!



Here's the inside of my card:


Deb also asked us to share what our favorite Olympic event is........... well... I'm sorry to say I can't answer that question. I've only watched the Olympics one time in my life - and that was about 10 years ago. The only reason I watched it then was because we were on vacation - and the location was sort of boring. We had a condo rented... so the Olympics ended up being our best option for entertainment. I know... I hear you gasping. But that is the truth.  I couldn't possibly make this stuff up.

Now, be sure to head over to the other Dueling Darling blogs to see what they made. (I know I am excited to see!) You'll find the links to their blogs in my left sidebar.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


9 comments:

Barb said...

Love the card Jeanette! What a fun image--too cute. And, I looks like great papers to play with too! Nice job this month!

Lynn McAuley said...

Well, you picked my favorite Olympic event! I have enjoyed what they chose to show us of the gymnastics! Wish they would let use see more of the other countries! Your little gymnast and her star background are sensational!!

Tracie said...

What a fun card. I love this image - perfect for the olympics. Even the inside of your card is gorgeous.

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

What a cute card! Perfect image for the theme - celebrating the USA Gymnastics Team and all their accomplishments! I really love the star DP and embellishments!

kiwimeskreations said...

Super cute image and a beautifully made card Jeanette - love it!
Blessings
Maxine
p.s. I don't watch the Olympics either!!

Terry Andress said...

I love your card Jeanette! And the cording looks perfect!

dweatter said...

Great card my friend! And your silver cording looks great! GASP...really? You have only watched the Olympics once? LOL!!!! Nice job on the duel!

Katydid Cards said...

We're definitely into the Olympics, though we have our favorite events. Your card captures one of our favorites, gymnastics and the USA rocked it this year! Such a cute card.

Carol W said...

What a great card Jeanette. I love the layout and the way you used the kit...Well done my friend.