Friday, November 16, 2018

Eternal Life By Way of the Cross


Julie, the leader of the Bible Art Journaling (BAJ) group on SCS, gives us a theme each month and we are to Bible Journal according to that theme. This month's theme is Life Everlasting, Everlasting Life, or Eternal Life. The scripture she referenced is John 3:36, but I'd already journaled that verse/page, so I went in search of another theme-appropriate passage in the Bible. (If you're interested in seeing my John 3:36 page, go HERE.)

For this month's theme I ended up using the passage from I John 2:15-17, which says Do not love this world nor the things it offers you, for when you love the world, you do not have the love of the Father in you. For the world offers only a craving for physical pleasure, a craving for everything we see, and pride in our achievements and possessions. These are not from the Father, but are from this world. And this world is fading away, along with everything that people crave. But anyone who does what pleases God will live forever. 


I know you hear me say this a lot... but I'm not happy with the way this page turned out. I do like the globe... and I added a cross to it as a reminder that Christ's death on the cross (for my sins) is way to eternal life. And truthfully, I wasn't too unhappy with the page until I added the LOVE letter stickers. UGH! But they sure stuck well, so I couldn't remove them. 

Oh well.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
Please be sure to come back tomorrow - I'll have a card then. 


Supplies Used

Stamps: Hampton Art Jellibean Soup Globe stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and Illustrated Faith Words of God stamped with Memento Paris Dusk Ink

Papers: Recollections Black and Ivory CS

Other Items: EK Success Letter Stickers and two Washi Tapes from unknown vendors

1 comment: