Wednesday, July 18, 2018

More Than I Can Bear


This is the third Wednesday of July... and third Wednesdays of each month are very special. They are the days that Kelly, Barb, and I post our Ready, Set, Go! Challenge cards. This month I am the host which simply means I chose the theme. You might remember, these themes are supposed to be a little more challenging than the average challenge. I like to refer to them as Extreme Themes.

I had so much fun with last month's theme that I decided to go in a similar direction this month. If you missed seeing last month's post, you can find it HERE.

Here's my theme...

Ready Set Go – July

I think last month’s theme was great… thanks Barb!!!... so I’m going to piggy back on that a wee bit.

This month is also going to require some research. This time we’re going to pose questions to each other in alphabetical order…

Barb
Jeanette
Kelly

… so Barb will ask Jeanette, Jeanette will ask Kelly, and Kelly will ask Barb.

The questions are not the same as last month though, and obviously the person giving the answers knows the answers will be the basis for a card, so it’s not quite as random as last month. Here are the three questions to ask your person:

1. What is your favorite season? 

2. What is the first word that comes to mind when I say the word “Fun!”?

3. What is your favorite embellishment to use when making cards?

Now, use the answers you got to create a card.

So, you might remember (or maybe you peeked in the link above).... my husband gave me a very challenging response for one of the questions last month (pick a holiday or occasion - Labor Day). Kelly's husband gave her an equally challenging answer to the same question (Groundhog's Day). That may be the reason Kelly went so easy on me this month. Or it might just be because she is so kind and thoughtful - which she is.

In any case, here are her answers to this month's three questions...

Favorite season: Winter
Something fun (in winter): ice skating!
Fave embellishment: enamel dots!






Kelly, thank you for making my 
card-making easy for this theme!


Now, let's head over to Kelly's blog and Barb's blog to see what they made for this month's Ready, Set, Go! theme!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: My Favorite Things Polar Bear Pals stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Black and 110# White and SU Pool Party CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Eyelet Outlet Glitter Enamel Dots

2 comments:

Barb said...

Such a cutie! I love Kelly's answers to your questions and this card is a perfect match! Love the image you picked!

Lynn McAuley said...

Sensational card with this fabulous skating bear!! Any season with "cool" in the air is very popular around these parts!!