Tuesday, November 7, 2017

COF Shine



It is time for the members of the Crafters of Faith to post their monthly projects. Jody is the hostess this month... and she gave us an awesome theme! BUT... I had a rough time figuring out what I wanted to do with it. LOL!

Here's her theme:

I originally chose November because I wanted to celebrate Gratitude or Thanksgiving, as I was searching through the scriptures for verses for those words, I came across the following scripture: 
"Sing unto the Lord with thanksgiving" - Psalms 147:7

…this verse spoke to me, as music and giving thanks to the Lord through song has always been an important part of my worship and study. One year I took our hymn book and studied the scriptures that went with each hymn, it was a wonderful new way to study and added much to my life. Two of my favorite hymns are "How Great Thou Art" and "Come Thou Font of Every Blessing", as the words in these hymns expresses our gratitude to the LORD. 

Your challenge is to make card that represents how worship through music touches your life. It could be something that represents a favorite hymn, a song of gratitude, your favorite type of music, anything along those lines, the field is wide open. Looking forward to your creations.


Now let me just say... right up front... there's NOTHING musical about me. I can't carry a tune... whatsoever. I sing in church - okay - most of the time I just lip sync. {insert embarrassed face} So what to do? What to do???

Suck it up buttercup and create a card already. Sheesh!

So I did.



Now you're probably wondering what this card has to do with Jody's theme. Right? In my mind it makes perfect sense.

My most favorite hymn of all is Shine Jesus Shine. (Are you familiar with it? If not, you need to hear it! Check it out HERE.)

Now do you know why there are lightbulbs shining on my card? I hope Jody likes it... and the other Crafters of Faith, too.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamps Sets: MFT Abstract Art stamped with Ink Dots Inks and Unity Glowing & Beautiful stamped with Gina K Onyx Black Ink

Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Apricot Appeal CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

4 comments:

CardsbyJo said...

Jeanette, I love your card and how it represents you favorite song. Love the musical notes in the background and inside the card.I also like how it reminder that we all need to let our light shine!!

Thanks for playing this round!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wonderful card! I love your idea- and your card : )

Barb said...

This card just puts a smile on my face--I love your creativity!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love that hymn, too!! I love what you have created here, Jeanette!! Fabulous background for your wonderful light bulbs!