Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Try Something New with Acrylic Paint



I had such a nice surprise a few days ago. I had  private message from Jessica of JessicaLynnOriginal. You might remember that I was on her design team for a period of time. She is such a kind/generous woman.

Her message was extra special because she gave me a few of her new images to create with. Isn't that awesome. THANK YOU, Jessica!

I decided to use on for today's Try Something New card.

The image is called Spring 2107 Bumble Bee Humble and Kind and can be found HERE. It's a limited edition, so I'm not sure how long it will be available.

The "something new" I tried on this card involved acrylic paint and a plastic card (like a credit card). I first randomly smeared three colors of acrylic paint onto white cardstock letting each one dry before adding a color. Gold. Yellow. Black. Then I decided to add a bit more black by just putting a dab of black acrylic paint on the very edge of the card and lightly tapping that onto the cardstock.

It has a bit of a messy look, but that's okay I suppose.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Supplies Used

Image: JessicaLynnOriginal Spring 2017 Bumble Bee Humble and Kind colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Crushed Curry CS

Extra Feature: Master's Touch Acrylic Paint

Embellishments: Michael's Ribbon and Stickles Glitter Glue

3 comments:

Chriss America Real said...

This card is so cute! It is always nice to get free stuff (hee hee)

Hugs,
Chriss

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful gift Jeanette, and you have made a fabulous card - I like a bit of messy now and again, and yours is just right for the card
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

How cute is this with its punny sentiment!!