Friday, August 18, 2017

Joy Report & More



Sometimes I just have to laugh - or else I'll cry. LOL! This past week has been a week, that's for sure. Trips. Meetings. Filthy home. Pile of laundry a mile high.

Yep... hilarious here!

But I'm going to embrace my word of the year - JOY! And I'm going to rejoice that I can go on trips, that I thrive in meetings, that we have home (albeit, a filthy one) and that we still have clothes to wear and a working washing machine and dryer.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Oh... and I made 3 cards this week. ;)




Chapter 33 - 50 Truths Worth Knowing
We All Have a Unique Voice... 
You Just Have to Find Yours


J. L. remembered his mother as being timid and shy, mostly because her dad and sisters had convinced her early in life that she was stupid and unattractive and didn't have anything worthwhile to say. Her husband (prior to her divorce from him) reinforced that thinking... and she remained quiet.

Then, when she turned 50 something happened. One day at work, she mentioned a movie she'd watched and her fellow workers began to laugh along with her about it. Though that experience she found her voice... and her laughter... and she embraced it. As J. L. said, his "mother got a life" and her confidence grew.

Yes, we all have a voice, as his mom learned... we just have to find a way to embrace it.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamps: Art Impressions stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Paper: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Calypso Coral CS

Embellishments: Clear Dots and Washi Tape from unknown vendors

2 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous post Jeanette, great story and a wonderful and fun card!
I love your 'joy' philosophy!
xx

Lynn McAuley said...

What a packed and stressful week I have this week! I am going to remember to throw in a little laughter at every turn! Then I can look back and remember it with JOY!! Fabulous card, Jeanette!