Tuesday, December 25, 2018

Joy to the World


I married a pastor. The first Christmas that we were married, I was overwhelmed with joy by the generosity of our church members. So many of them gave us Christmas gifts that year. I determined the next year I would give gifts, too, so that year and every one since then while my husband pastored local churches, I made a Christmas gift for each church family. It was most often a Christmas ornament - many of them angels. I still hear from some church members of previous churches who comment about those ornaments.

Well, three years ago my husband took a new job. He's still a minister but instead of pastoring a local church he is now a Director of Missions (or the new term: Associational Missions Strategist). Our association has 25 churches in it. We are members of one of our churches, but we attend ALL of our churches... so every Sunday we are in a different church and often times it is a different one on Sunday morning than Sunday evening. We both LOVE this job and being able to be part of so many ministries. BUT... it is not possible for me to make Christmas gifts for every church family any more. LOL!

So, with this job I started a new tradition. Each year I've made a Christmas card  for each pastor/family in our association. The card on my blog is this year's card. 

These cards (each year) stretch me a bit. First of all, I don't like making multiples of the same design... but I do it. I made 30 of these. I also LOVE to color but choose not to color on these cards, due to the time it would involve. And thirdly, I strive to keep them flat and under the weight limit so they don't cost extra postage, since we're mailing so many.

I hope the pastors/families like my card.



Here's the inside:





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Stamps: Altenew Peace on Earth stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy and Tuxedo Black Ink, Technique Tuesday Christ is Born stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink, and Stampin' UP! Blended Season stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy Ink

Papers: Recollections Black and White and SU Garden Green CS and Paper Studio Big Stripe Red/White DP

Embellishments: Hobby Lobby Sequins

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A beautiful card Jeanette - mass producing cards is not the best fun, but sometimes necessary... I figure that if I make the same card for everyone, I am not left wondering which card I sent to whom the previous year :)
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

A fabulous holiday card, Jeanette~~