Friday, November 2, 2018

VSN Mini - Holidays with Little Women


Kim (berlycece on SCS) is hosting the second challenge of today's VSN Mini on SCS. 

Challenge: Holidays with Little Women

This is what Kim said about her challenge...

One of my favorite classic books is Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. While not specifically a holiday book, many of the chapters center around the family celebrations.  The story starts during the Civil War in the US (1860's), and continues as the girls grow up and (some) get married.

For this challenge, use some VINTAGE elements on your project. I'm  mindful of these images from the book:

-- LOTS of hand written letters, and Jo (sister #2) wrote stories for publication. Consider script, parchment...

-- Dances for New Years where the girls wore gloves and had ribbon or lace on their dresses and bonnets

-- Limes! The youngest sister wanted to impress her school friends with a jar of pickled limes, a luxury during the war. All citrus was considered luxurious at that time.

-- Music on the piano, fireplaces and candles were all elements of a cozy holiday.

Kim's challenge caused me a bit of a challenge. It's been so many - MANY - years since I've read Little Women that I couldn't seem to come up with an idea that I had stamps for. I hope this card fits. I'm know there was no Santa in the book... but there were cute little girls and I added some vintage buttons to my card, too, which definitely goes with Kim's theme.






Thanks for stopping by my blog this evening!


Stamps: Art Impressions Front and Back Annie (girl) and SU Hearts Come Home (Santa) stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Black and 110# White and SU Groovy Guava CS and DP from the My Mind's Eye Lost and Found Paper Pad

Embellishments: Vintage Buttons obtained at an Estate Sale

2 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

I absolutely love this gorgeous image!!! Wonderful card!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Too precious for words, Jeanette!! I love, love, LOVE this fabulous holiday card!!