Thursday, November 22, 2018

It's Thanksgiving - Eat Pie!




"Go vegetarian and just Eat Pie," says the Turkey.




Thursdays are the days that I post cards made with stamps from The Project Bin. For today's card I used the Eat Pie stamp set. It obviously is a GREAT stamp set for Thanksgiving... but don't put it away after today. There are certainly other times that pie would make a fun card. For instance, what kind of pie could we have for Christmas? Pecan? And should we take an apple pie on a picnic this summer???


The pie was so easy to make. I used two Stampin' UP! punches (1 3/8" circle and Scalloped Circle) but you could also use circle dies to make it. The pie crust is sponged with ink to give it some depth, but you can still see the Creamy Caramel CS peeking through in spots. The pumpkin pie filling is actually a piece of ivory CS that I completely covered with three different colors of Ranger distress inks to attain the color that I wanted.

I turned the pic upside down and with a ruler and pencil, I drew lines to show where to cut the piece of pie. Then I did so with a pair of sharp tip scissors (the kind that cut completely to the tip).


On the card front I didn't want the entire Eat Pie & Give THANKS stamp. so I covered the part I didn't want to use with a post it note when inking the stamp (just in case a bit of ink got where I didn't want it) then I removed the post it note before stamping onto the paper.



I did use the entire stamp on the inside of my card:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Stamp Set: The Project Bin Eat Pie stamped with Memento Rich Cocoa Ink

Punches: SU 1 3/8" Circle and Scalloped Circle

Papers: Fun Stampers Journey Hazelnut Blend and Pumpkin Bread and Recollections Ivory CS, DP from the DCWV Pumpkin Patch 6" Paper Pad, and a SU Doily

Embellishments: Brads (Brown and Fork-shaped) from unknown vendors


2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful 'pie' Jeanette, and a great card
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I may have eaten my weight in pie yesterday!! Fun card, Jeanette!