Friday, November 2, 2018

Bearing Gifts


I never quite like the way I color people. I struggle with skin and with hair. Obviously this image is not going to allow much any practice on coloring hair, but I did practice on my skin tones. I looked at some online tutorials (alas I can't seem to find who to give credit to as I've misplaced the link). I purchased a new Copic color. And I practiced. The colors used were E00 (fully saturated the skin)... then added shadowing with E01; then darker shadowing with E11. The tutorial finally had me add just a wee bit of BV00 for hard shadows. Truthfully, I liked it better for I added the BV00, so I'll not be doing that again.

But... I do have to say, for the most part I do like the skin coloring with these colors. I think it's a keeper.

I'd be interested in knowing what color combinations you use when coloring skin with Copics - please tell me in the comments. THANK YOU!





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp: Penny Black Santa's Helper stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Alcohol Markers (Copic and others)

Papers: Recollections Black and 110# White and SU Real Red CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishment: Paper Studio Snowflake-shaped Brad

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

This little guy reminds me that I better get cracking on my shopping!! Precious Christmas card, Jeanette!