Monday, October 15, 2018

DDD Knows Kindness Matters


Today is the 15th... that means it's Duel Day!

I always look forward to the day that the Dueling Darlings post. This month is no exception. And I'm super excited that Kelly (Diva) and I (Dazzler) are the hostesses this month!

Kelly and I decided to use her word for the year as our theme this month...

KINDNESS

I am not going to lie... I thought this theme was perfect! In fact, I still do... except for the fact that I had a very difficult time finding a stamp to use in my vast collection. Oh, I have stamps that fit the them... but... well, let's just leave it at that.

I hope the Dazzlers like the kits I put together for them!

This is the information I included in the kits:

KINDNESS!

I’ve included a cute little girl and her teddy image in your kits, but without either one of the sayings or the word Kind, I’m not sure your card will look theme-appropriate… so I’m really hoping you’ll add at least one of those things on your card, along with the image. THANK YOU!

Stamps(Recollections 110# White – Memento Tuxedo Black Ink)
Picket Fence Studio “Comfort Words”
Stampavie “Teddy and Me”

Die(Recollections Black and 110# Red CS)
Simon Says Kind Script

Designer Paper
My Mind’s Eye (from an assorted paper pad)
Paper Studio Airy Polka Dot, Diagonal Stripe, and Petite Wood Fence

Ribbon
Amuse Studio Silver Organdy
Crafter’s Square Black Glitter
Ribbon Boutique Turquoise

Embellishments
Michaels’ Washi (2 types)
Recollections Flowers and Assorted Rhinestones
Paper Studio Heart-Shaped Brads

Have fun… and don’t forget, Kindness Matters!


When I was making my card I wished I'd included one more thing in the kits. I wished for a bee (a bee brad would have been perfect) so I could have put it next to the word "kind" - Be(e) kind. Oh well. I didn't. So I need to... let. it. go.





I love the quote that is inside my card:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 
Be sure to head over to all the Dueling Darling blogs to see what KINDNESS you'll find there. You can find the links in my left sidebar.


The only thing I used to make my card besides what was in the kit was some Recollections CS (Black, 110# Red, and 110# White).

8 comments:

Donna said...

Awesome card Jeanette! I really loved the kit. The bee brad would have been cute but we managed without it. Your card is perfect inside and out! Thanks for the fun kit and the wonderful theme!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Love love LOVE the kit that you sent. Yes, a little Bee would have put it over the top, but still...It was an awesome kit!
Your card is so very pretty! I admire how you offset that pretty paper with all of the black & white paper & accents. I also love the inside sentiment and used it on my card too!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I loved your kit! I had fun trying to use as many elements as possible on my card! I love your idea about the bee brad as well... : ) I really love your layout and how sweet is the image you chose! Perfect!!! Thanks for a great theme!

terry serman said...

Love the way you used the embellishments. Perfect color choices for the dp! Love this!

Carol W said...

Your card is adorable and the inside saying is absolutely correct. The kit looks like it was fun to play with. Great job this month with the kit and card.....

Lynn McAuley said...

Yes, it does. I love this sweet card, Jeanette!!

Barb said...

Jeanette--your card is so cute and I love the image you sent to your team. Kindness does matter!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Cute card J - you chose a great color palette for this image! As usual your design is perfect! XOXO Thank u for being a kind friend to me. LJ