Sunday, September 9, 2018

Wedding Wishes


TAKE NOTE: This is my second blog post of the day. If you're here to see my Three Musketeers card, please keep scrolling (to the next blog post after this one) or click HERE.


My son and is getting married in a little over two weeks. It is an exciting time in our family. We are gaining a precious daughter-in-law and I'll be taking on a new role... mother-in-law. For years I have prayed that I will be a good mother-in-law. In fact, that has been a prayer of my heart since my son was just a toddler. You see, I love him so very VERY much and I knew that sometimes that makes it difficult to see another woman win his heart. I didn't want to be that way, so I've prayed that when the time came I could be a beloved mother-in-law. I guess time will tell... but I hope as the years go by, Brandi will attest to the answers to my prayers.

It's not surprising that I fell in love with the Wedding Wishes stamp from Victorine Originals the moment I saw it. The swirls; the elegance; the beauty! It captured my heart.





I used a mostly Black, Gray, White color scheme (with just a wee bit of red) since those are the colors for the SumMore Fun Mood Board Challenge #36


There's still time to play along:


The Prize is $20 to spend at the SumMore Fun online store!!!




Other exciting news... there's a new Facebook group where SumMore Fun fans can post the things they are creating with Victorine Originals and Raisin Boat stamps (sold by SumMore Fun). The group is called SumMore Fun Creation for Fun's Sake. If you're on FB, be sure to join... you'll be inspired, I'm sure!




You can also find SumMore Fun on Instagram.


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Stamp: Victorine Originals Wedding Wishes stamped with MFT Extreme Black Ink

Papers: Archivers Gray and Recollections Black and Shimmer White CS, American Crafts Color of Memories and Deja Views Lipstick with Border DP and Polka Dot DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Gina Marie Designs Glitter Enamel Dots

4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Aww - how beautiful Jeanette, the colours are majestic, and you have used them so very well. That sentiment is stunning!
i am sure you will be a great mother-in-law!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Your wonderful words say it all!! Fabulous wedding card, Jeanette!!

Scrapper69 said...

I totally get how you feel Jeanette! I have 3 boys no girls and Adore my boys like no other! My oldest has been with his GF for 4yrs. now and I think I've done pretty well not to be a pain to them. I stay out of their business and only offer my opinions when asked and it seems to be okay. You'll do great as a MIL!! :) Your wedding card is lovely and that stamp from VO is so elegant and perfect for your card design! Have a great Day!

Theresa (DT Sister)

Polka Dot Orchard said...

This is so nice. I really like the colors you used.

Have a wonderful day,
Jessica
Polka Dot Orchard