Saturday, September 15, 2018

A Winter Sleigh Ride


Have you been to the Eyelet Outlet online store this week? If not, you may not know there are newly released brads - some darling Christmas ones, a Halloween one, too. Oh such fun!!! Check them out HERE. Oh, and good news... there will be more new ones in the store soon!

It is actually one of the new brads that was the starting point for today's card - the Sleigh! I first thought Christmas, but alas, I didn't have any reindeer to pull my sleigh. However, I did have a horse! Sooooo... I decided to create a winter sleigh ride scene.

The mountain of trees and snow banks is actually three strips of a sparkly washi tape that is also available at Eyelet Outlet. It's called Glitter Winter Wide Washi

I used a strip of the Eyelet Outlet Fancy Long Bling on the left side of my card. The white pearls in it made me think of falling snow.



May this winter bring peace & serenity!




You will notice that I have changed the way I've done my photography today. This is a work in progress... I'll keep trying to find the right fit for both my blog and Instagram. The way I'd been cropping my photos was causing part of the picture not to show when I uploaded to Instagram. So until I figure this out, you'll probably see some changes happening.

And YES, I am still decorating the inside of my card, but since I made the "hinge" of my card at the top instead of the side (to hopefully improve photography), it is more challenging to get a photo of the inside.

I'm a work in progress... I guess I need a sign that reads "Pardon my mess while remodeling." LOL!


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Eyelet Outlet Products: Fancy Long Bling, Glitter Winter Wide Washi Tape, Horse/Pony Brads, and Sleigh Brads

Sentiment: Unity Winter Blessings stamped with Memento Paris Dusk Ink

Papers: Recollections 110# Red and 110# White and SU Ballet Blue and Brilliant Blue CS and DP from the Paper Studio Winter Wonderland Paper Pad


4 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Fabulous winter card Jeanette - love the wee scene you have created! Have fun with the photography. Do you know you can crop your photo to fit as you load it to Instagram?? It's the first step, and you can 'pinch' the photo to resize it to fit, or move it up and down as you wish.
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Such an enchanting card - and I love the unique colors for a holiday card! I would not have guessed the strips were glitter washi tape - thought it was dsp! Such a creative (and easy!) way to make a card!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such a fabulous holiday design, Jeanette!! I love the sensational bling and all that icy shimmer!! So very pretty!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love the DPS- and love the glittery look to it! Beautifully done!