Monday, August 27, 2018

Gallery Gazers CASE #2


Last month I introduced a new blog group that I am a part of; in fact, I'm the one who created the Gallery Gazers blog group. The premise behind the group is friendship, a shared love of stamping, and also a shared admiration for the many amazing creators who post in the SCS Gallery. Once a month, we are each to choose a card/project from the SCS Gallery to CASE. This post is the card I made after being inspired by Barbara's (Bar on SCS) card found HERE.

Obviously any CASE is not a direct copy of the original crafter's work, so I shook things up quite a bit from the card Barbara made. Different colors for the flowers, plus she used a single flower, while I used a flower image with three blooms on it. More layers to my card... and the card base is a color. I also changed the placement of my sentiment, just because my sentiment was a bit too large to look right in Bar's sentiment placement.

I'll admit I struggled with the vellum piece. I had no clue how to adhere it, since usually when using vellum, I adds something on top of it (embellishments, etc) to hold it in place. I even sought some advice from friends. I ended up using Sizzix Sheet Adhesive on the back, which worked, but it tends to give the vellum a milky look, which I don't like.

I am not overly happy with my card, as a whole, but it might be because I absolutely LOVED Barbara's card and I feel like mine falls very VERY short of her beautiful creation.




Oh, and a really funny thing.... this is my second Gallery Gazer card. My first one was on July 29th and can be seen HERE. Honestly I did not remember what card I'd CASE'd or how my card looked until I went to put together this blog post. WOW! There sure is a lot of similarity, isn't there?

I'll have to be more careful next month. 


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: Stampin' UP! Blended Seasons stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers (I used my Scan N Cut to cut out the image)

Papers: Recollections Black and 110# White and SU Cameo Coral CS and DP and Vellum from my scrap file

Embellishments: Cloud 9 Rain Dots and Viva Glas Effekt Gel (for the flower centers)

4 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Lovely card. I so have to dig out my flower stamps and stamp more and fancy fold less. heehee

Lynn McAuley said...

Such beautiful blossoms on this wonderful card, Jeanette!!

MiamiKel said...

Oh Jeanette, card #2 is a beauty - the color palette is pretty and striking! Great card is CASE!

But I disagree with Susan making less fancy folds! :)

kiwimeskreations said...

This is quite a change from your usual style Jeanette, but I love it!!
I use a special tape put out by Scotch specifically for vellum, and it does not show through. Stitching is another option
Blessings
Maxine