Saturday, July 7, 2018

New Life By Streams in the Wilderness


FYI - This is my second post of the day... my Sweet Stampin' Challenge post follows this one. Please keep scrolling or go HERE to see it.

I am excited to be a member of the Crafters of Faith group on SCS. Each month (on the 7th) we have a theme and create a card/craft/project based on that theme. The theme is chosen by one of our members. Sue chose our theme this month.

Scripture: Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make your path straight.

Challenge: Make a card or other item that illustrates a time you trusted in the Lord or a path you walked in faith.

There was a time in our lives that was quite challenging. We'd been hurt deeply and needed to move forward instead of looking back, but that wasn't easy to do. During that time, the Lord drew me to a verse that I'd never truly noticed before. 

See, I am doing a new thing!
Now it springs up; do you not perceive it?
I am making a way in the wilderness
and streams in the wasteland.
Isaiah 43:19 (NIV)

I clung to that verse. I posted it on my refrigerator. I meditated on it. I memorized it. I waited in awe and wonder to see what God would do... and in His faithfulness, He brought us through the experience. We were not the same as we were before; we still aren't. But God is! He was not blindsided by that experience, nor did He forsake us. He loved us and still does. He brought us through the wilderness and replenished our spirits at the stream.

I was going to Bible Journal my thoughts, but I'd already used the Scripture that came to mind for Sue's challenge in a previous Bible Journaling entry, so I made a card instead. 




Thank you for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: Our Daily Bread Quiet Waters stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers and an Amazapen Gel Pen

Papers: Recollections Black and Ivory and SU Close to Cocoa CS and AMuse Studio Gingham DP

Embellishments: Brads and Ribbon from unknown vendors

5 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Lovely card to celebrate the verse that you hold so dear.

MiamiKel said...

Beautiful - I love it when the wonder (or worry) leads us to a scripture to hold as a lifeline. I’m sorry that you were troubled but able to forge ahead in spite of - sensational card! One of my favorite ODBD sets!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Jeanette, and a powerful testimony to God's faithfulness, when we trust Him and cling to Him.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Great masculine design with this tranquil nature scene, Jeanette!

For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the LORD, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. – Jeremiah 29:11

bensarmom said...

Jeanette,
Your card is just beautiful. I'm sorry you had to go through what you did. Isn't it amazing how we grow in faith during those times. We had a deep hurt caused to us 5 years ago. We haven't gotten over it, but we've come through it. How do people live without God in their life? Thanks for sharing your story. God Bless you.