Sunday, July 15, 2018

Happy BEE day!


Today is Duel Day - the day the Dueling Darlings post this month's cards. This month we're hosted by Terry S (Divas) and Terry A (Dazzlers). They chose the theme...

BEES

After choosing the theme, each hostess puts together theme-appropriate kits and mails them to her respective team members. I'm a Dazzler, so Terry A sent me one of her kits. And WHAT AN AWESME kit it was!

THANK YOU, Terry A!

The Kit contained the following items...

Images (some die-cut): Hero Arts Busy as a Bee stamped on Neenah Solar White CS with Versamark Black Ink

Papers: Paper Studio DP, SU Hexagon Hive Die used on SU Hello Honey CS, SU Hexagons Dynamic used on Simon Says Vellum, and Paper Studio Gold Doily

Embellishments: Jolee's Boutique Black Adhesive Gems, Paper Studio White Round Gems, Dress It Up Bee Happy Button, SU Yellow Brads, Paper Studio Yellow Twine, and SU Black Grosgrain Ribbon

The only thing of my own that I used to make my card was Black and White CS and some Stickles Glitter Glue (for the wings). I colored the images with my Copic Markers.

Terry A sent several sentiments in her kit, but since I give birthday cards to a church card ministry I'm always needing Birthday cards. Therefore I went with the "happy bee-day" sentiment... however I do fear they will think it says beer day. EEK! (That wouldn't be good for a church's card ministry, would it???)

Here is my card:




Be sure to head to the other Dueling Darling blogs to see their BEE creations. You'll find links to their blogs in my left side bar.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

12 comments:

terry serman said...

very cute! Love the inside too!

Tracie said...

Great card. I always love how you create for the inside also. Adorable.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Fun Bday card! I love the way you added your rhinestones, hive and bees! Fun duel this month!

MiamiKel said...

Wonderful card and very cheerful ~ first time I have seen houndstooth on a beehive and it's clever and cool! BEEutiful card!

Donna said...

Great minds think a like, Jeanette. Our cards are very similar. Love your use of the wonderful embellishments Terry included! Great card!

Barb said...

Such a sweet card Jeanette. The layout is perfect and I love the inside too!

Lynn McAuley said...

How adorable, Jeanette!! My clogging instructor has recently become a bee keeper! I love hearing about her bee adventures!!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Oh my gosh Jeanette, this is SOOOO Cute. I love how everything is "intertwined" if that is a word......kind of like how a bee-hive really is! We had a bee issue at our first house we lived in (when I was a child). It was quite the experience! So I Only enjoy bees in the art format and I love yours!

Carol W said...

What a great job with your kit Jeanette. As usual your inside is as impressive as the front. You never cease to amaze me with your talents.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Jeanette - and yes I looked twice at the sentiment on one of the other blogs... ;-)
Blessings
Maxine

Terry Ladwig said...

Great card Jeanette! Love how the black strip runs through the hexagon die cut paper! Also love that you used the black and white checked paper as your background! Love it :-)

:: BlueInks :: said...

The inside of this card is just as cute as the outside! What a great card with so many fun elements of the kit. Great job!