Sunday, May 27, 2018

Time for a Coffee Break


You may have noticed (if you come to my blog very often) that I mostly use A2 designs for my cards and rarely do fancy folds or unusual shapes. There is a good reason for that. I have a difficult time photographing any cards that don't fit the A2 format. So I just don't make them.

But... yep, there's that little word that stretches me from time to time... BUT... the new International Art & Soul Challenge is...

 Nothing Square or Oblong.

Did I mention this theme really stretched me!?!?!?

What's a crafter to do? Think outside the norm and let creativity be the norm. Oh, and having a wee little coffee break doesn't hurt either.




Here is the inside of my card:



And there's definitely no time like spring/summer to take a break, so this card seems to fit the Summer Coffee Lovers Blog Hop theme, too.



I hope you'll get creative and participate in the challenges, too!


May 27 - June 9
Theme: Nothing Square or Oblong


Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp/Die Set: Stamps of Life Coffee4two stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Kraft and White CS

Embellishment: Recollections Enamel Heart

20 comments:

Hazel said...

I haven't seen that coffee cup stamp/die set but it looks great. A fun card and fits the challenge beautifully. Hazel x

sansuey said...

I really love this card--it is clean and simple and just a treat to my eyes!

New Creations said...

So beautiful, love it!

Josephine said...

Fabulous - I know a couple of people who'd love to receive this!

jimlynn said...

Cute and fun! LOVE that big coffee cup.
Lynn

StampingbugKerry said...

Such a fun shaped card! :)

Mimi said...

I am still hankering after a cup of coffee Jeanette lol, fabulous. Such a great stamp and so chuffed you stepped out of your comfort zone to create this for the challenge, turned out to be an awesome card :) : ) :) xxx

Karen Letchworth said...

In my (humble) opinion, it's ALWAYS time for a coffee break. This is SO cute!

Margaret said...

Coffee is not my thing, but you've done a great job on this challenge. Very cute.

Billie A said...

So cute. Great shape and fun to go cup.

MariLynn said...

what a fun shaped card. Love the little heart on your coffee card.

kiwimeskreations said...

What a great interpretation of the challenge Jeanette, and a wonderful card as a result
Blessings
Maxine

~amy~ said...

Love your fun shaped card, it's perfect!

Lisa said...

SO cute! Love it!

nancy carroll said...

Awesome CAS, great shaped card

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful cup shaped card. Really well designed.

Crystal O. Minkler said...

Love your shaped card! I only make A2 cards... thanks for the inspiration to make something different!

Fikreta said...

Its so adorable!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fun coffee shaped card and so would all my coffee-loving friends!!!

Arianna Barbara said...

Awesome shaped card!!!