Monday, February 26, 2018

This Is Love


The Bible Journaling (BAJ) group on SCS has a theme each month. This month's theme is Love - Pure Love. For me, there is no greater example of love than the love Christ has for me, a love so great that He died on the cross for my sins. The crucifixion story is found in all four gospels, but I chose to journal in the 27th chapter of Matthew, mainly because those pages were clear in my Bible.

I tried something I hadn't tried before with this entry. I used vellum for my work, since the stamp I wanted to use was rather large and I didn't want to cover up the words in my Bible. I've used vellum before - quite often, if fact - but this time I heat embossed on it. Truthfully I was a bit apprehensive that the heat would warp the vellum, but it didn't. I really like how it turned out.

I used clear embossing powder and heat set it. Then I sponged Distress ink onto the vellum to make the design show up.



I used Washi Tape to add it to the gutter of my page. The Scripture underneath it is unharmed.



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Stamp: Impressions Obsession stamped with VersaMark Ink, embossed with SU Clear Embossing Powder, and sponged with Tim Holtz Distress Ink

Paper: Vellum

Letters: American Crafts and EK Success

Washi Tape: from an unknown vendor

3 comments:

Karen said...

Beautiful card Jeannette. The vellum works great.
www.simplysaidwithkaren.com

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this journaling page- the vellum is a great idea and looks very nice! Beautifully done!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a fabulous vellum page, Jeanette!