Sunday, October 22, 2017

My Last Three Falliday Cards Challenges


I have my last three Falliday Fest challenge cards to show on my blog today. (They are already in the SCS gallery, so if you've been there you've likely already seen these three.)

Falliday Challenge #28
To the Wallflowers

Dina challenged us to create a card where the image is stamped off of at least one of the corners. I don't think I've ever done this before. Well... maybe I have, but I don't remember doing it. So I was excited to give it a try. I dug out one of my most favorite poinsettia stamp sets (Flourishes Poinsettia and Pine) and got to work. After stamping I decided I really wanted the poinsettia to be the star of the show, so I colored the evergreen and holly berries with Intense Colored Pencils to give them a softer look. Then I colored the Poinsettia and the Holly Leaves with Copics.




Of course the flower center needed some Stickles. I do wonder if I should have stamped the "Merry & Bright" with a darker color so it would show up better. But I was afraid doing so would detract from the Poinsettia, so I didn't do that.



The Inside:



Falliday Challenge #29
The Holy Grail of Christmas

Lori almost got me on this one. She asked us to create a card that is inspired by the old movie The Christmas Story. But... I've never seen it so I couldn't really be inspired by it. Fortunately Lori gave some suggestions on what might inspire us and one of her ideas was the color red. Now I'll admit I don't know what red has to do with the movie, but it was Lori's idea and she's the hostess... so I created a mostly red card.





The Inside:




Falliday Challenge #30
We Wish You a Snarky Christmas

Lydia asked us to use humor (or be snarky) on our cards for this final challenge.

I don't not... not sure... is this funny enough?



I hope so... but DUH! Someone commented in the SCS gallery on this card and pointed out that none of the boxes had a check mark on them. UGH!



The Inside:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!
I've had fun creating the cards for the 30 Falliday Fest Challenges... now I need to work on the tutorials. EEK! I have a few days. Wish me luck.


Supplies Used on the Card for Falliday Challenge #28

Stamp Set: Flourishes Poinsettia and Pine stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers and Derwent Inktense Colored Pencils (The sentiment was stamped with Brilliance Sunflower Yellow Ink)
Papers: Recollections Green and White CS 
Embellishments: Stickles Glitter Glue

Supplies Used on the Card for Falliday Challenge #29

Stamp: Stampin' UP! Seasonal Sayings stamped with Brilliance Rocket Red Ink 

Papers: Recollections Black, Red and White CS and DP from the Recollections Stocking Stuffer Paper Pad
Embellishment: Gina Marie Enamel Dots

Supplies Used on the Card for Falliday Challenge #30

Stamp Set: Unity Naughty. Nice. Not Sure. stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers and a Gel Pen
Papers: Recollections Black, Red, and White CS and DP from my scrap file
Embellishment: Stickles Glitter Glue and Target Baker's Twine

4 comments:

Barb said...

Great Cards Jeanette. I love the third one the best...........I wonder why?

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette what loverly cards - the poinsettia one is stunning, and thesanta one - well who wouldn't like it??
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

I am working to try to catch up, but my family is not really cooperating..... they want to be fed and need clean underwear! LOL Oh my, LOVE your poinsettia card! Just beautiful! And, love your Christmas story card, and your snarky or funny card- Love that too! Have fun with the tutorials- I have 2 of them done..... gotta keep on working...of the family can let me alone for a while : )

Lynn McAuley said...

Three more sensational Christmas cards, Jeanette! Such beautiful poinsettias and I love the fabulous layout for your Santa card. So perfect with your two sentiments!