Friday, October 27, 2017

JOY! and 50 Truths



This cute little skunk might surprise you. Seeing him... and knowing this is the post where I mention how my week went might cause you to think that my week was stinky. But not. Quite the opposite. It has been an absolutely amazing week!!!

I like the number 3 so I'm going to tell you three great things about my week.

First...

Unless I absolutely have to do so, I do not get on my computer on Sundays. I've taken that day as a day of rest. However, because I hosted the Falliday Challenge on Friday of last week, I decided to get on SCS Sunday morning to see if I needed to comment on any entries. I did, but that's not the significant part of this reflection. I also had a private message telling me I had been selected as the Featured Stamper this week. How fun! In case you're unfamiliar with the Featured Stamper feature, other crafters are encouraged to visit your gallery and CASE one of your cards. I have enjoyed seeing so many entries this week - by VERY TALENTED card-makers.


Second...

Sunday evening I got back on my computer for the second time - all because of that Falliday Challenge - and I had an email from Denise, the owner of The Project Bin stamps... inviting me to join her design team. I was super excited... even squealed a wee bit. YAY!!! (You'll want to come back to my blog on Thursday and see my first Project Bin post as a DT member.)

Third...

My husband got home from his trip to the Amazon on Thursday. Brock and I went to the airport to get him and were so glad to see him!

That being said, I did make good use of the time he was away. I did some deep/brutal purging in our home - closets, dressers, pantry, etc. And I have 7 boxes plus some other items to take to the thrift store to prove it, plus a nearly full trash bin outdoors.

AND... I made 25 cards this week.

Yes, it's been a JOY-filled week. Now about that skunk.  This card was inspired by Chapter 43 of the book 50 Truths Worth Knowing.

Love Is Bigger Than Squabbles

Doug reflected on how the dynamics of his family changed through the years. The members of the family seemed to form different interests, etc. and as time went on, many drifted away. There were even squabbles that seemed to change the dynamics of the family in huge ways. For instance, his mother and his beloved aunt (her sister) quit speaking our to some now-unremembered squabble. They didn't speak for years and never visited each other.  Even after his mom moved back to the town where she had grown up. They lived just a few miles from each other, but still didn't speak.

"Then came the diagnosis: My mother had advanced lung cancer. And the prognosis was poor."

Once Louise (his aunt) heard this new, she opened her home and her heart to the sister she hadn't spoken with for years. She cared for her, stayed beside her. During Doug's mom's final days, they talked about growing up on the farm together, about their hopes for their children, about life. And when his mom died, Aunt Louise was by her side.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp Set: Unity That Stinks stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Black, Red, and White CS and DP from the Recollections Black and White Paper Pad

Embellishment: Stampin' UP! Ribbon
SaveSaveSaveSave
SaveSave

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fantastic week you have had Jeanette, and a wonderful card to illustrate the touching story.
CONGRATULATIONS on being the featured stamper in SCS, and for your DT position WOW!! - all that, and purging, and 25 cards - you are amazing
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Such an adorable card of apology!! I have a couple of fun skunk stories, I'll need to share with you some day!!

An awesome week of honor for your remarkable work, Jeanette!! And much deserved, I must add! Hugs and best wishes!