Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Something New with Rub Ons


Sometimes I try something new and like it... other times, not so much. You've heard me say that before, right?

This time I actually like the new thing I tried on my Bible Journaling page, but I hate, Hate, HATE the page. Okay, maybe hate is too strong of a word. After all, Bible Journaling is about the Scripture and not so much about the overall look. I get that. BUT... every time I try using my own penmanship on my Bible Journaling, I go away with a great dislike of the look. UGH!

The "new" thing I did on this page though was lots of fun and actually looks pretty good, in my opinion. I had this old - very old - package of rub ons that I purchased at a yard sale years ago. I decided to see what they would do on a Bible Journaling page. And those little dragonflies just rubbed right on there and look great.

The artwork on the backside of this page was quite visible though, and I didn't like that, so I used my handy-dandy little plastic card and some added a thin layer of acrylic paint - right over the top of those dragonflies. It worked beautifully.

The theme of this page is "Patience" because that is this month's theme in the Bible Journaling group I'm part of on SCS.



Be still in the presence of the Lord,
and wait patiently for him to act.
Psalm 36:7



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used
Faber Castell Big Brush Marker
Illustrated Faith Pen
Master's Touch Acrylic Paint
Tulip Dragonflies Rub Ons
Washi Tape from an unknown vendor

3 comments:

Beebeebabs said...

Very nice thanks for sharing!

kiwimeskreations said...

Don't be so harsh on yourself Jeanette - as someone once told me, future generations will treasure that Bible with you handwriting in it, as that is part of who you are.
BLessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

So very beautiful!! What a remarkable Bible Journal page, Jeanette!!