Tuesday, August 1, 2017

Try Something New with Finishing Spray


I am trying to play with different inks/techniques. For this card, I smeared Tim Holtz Oxide Distress Inks on my mat and then put a piece of white cardstock on top of it. A spritz of water helped it to spread around, too. Then once it had all dried, I sprayed a finishing spray on it to add the sparkle.

I thought the piece looked kind of like space so I chose an older Whipper Snapper alien stamp to complete the card.










Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamps: Whipper Snapper Alien & Planet and Out of This World stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

New Technique: Tim Holtz Distress Oxide Inks and AMuse Studio Stardust Finishing Spray 

Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Taken with Teal CS

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and White Blossom Stars

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great oxide background for this fun alien!! Such a delightful card, Jeanette!

Shelly Schmidt said...

Aren't the Oxide Inks a blast to work with? Your background is fun and the alien is a perfect match- so fun!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Jeanette - did you know that Tuesday Throwdown have a challenge called "Out of this World" this week?
Blessings
Maxine

Barb said...

Great card--I love how you did the colorful background!