Thursday, August 17, 2017

Something New with Clouds



I have often admired those shaded clouds people make using a stencil. I actually used to own the SU cloud making stencil (in fact, I think I still do, but I haven't been able to find it since two moves ago, so I'm not sure.) Anyway, I recently watched a YouTube video from someone who made their own stencil/tool for making the clouds and I decided to give it a try myself.

You can watch the video HERE.

I actually think my clouds turned out fairly good - for my first attempt.












Here are a couple of pictures of what I did (for those of you who don't want to watch the video). I punched out three sizes of circles and glued them to a strip of paper. This was the "tool" I needed to create the clouds.







I used my "tool" (handmade stencil) and some ink and sponging tool to add the clouds to a piece of white cardstock.
















Here is the Inside:




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp: CC Designs Nancy Gardner stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Chameleon Colored Pencils

Ink (for clouds): Tim Holtz Salty Ocean Distress Ink

Papers: Recollections White and Brown and Stampin' UP! Yo Yo Yellow CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Felt Flowers from an unknown vendor


2 comments:

Carol W said...

Great card Jeanette. I love your card and tutorial for making them. Thanks for sharing.

Sharon Madson said...

Thank you for sharing about how you make your clouds. I have used one scalloped circle, moving it around, but I like the idea of putting several together to make a "tool". Cute card, and it is nice how you also finished the inside. I am not good about this.