Friday, August 4, 2017

Peek at My Week and More


If you checked out my blog on Wednesday, you noticed that I moved my mid-week Joy Report (peek at my week) to Fridays because I'm now part of the Craftaholics R Us design team. Today is the first Friday for these changes... I'm glad you've found me.

It's been a busy/productive week, but also an exhausting one. My husband is a HUGE gardener... and his hobby is taking way too much of my time/energy this week. His tomato crop is producing and I've been canning tomato juice. I am sure we will enjoy it this summer... and I love sharing it with my gown son, too.

After full days standing in my kitchen, I love sitting at my crafting desk in the evenings and coloring and creating. I've made 8 cards this week.

I also completed my writing assignment for our national mission organization. I love the opportunities I have to write for them!

It's been a JOY-filled week!


Now it's time for my personal 50 Truths Worth Knowing challenge. I've read chapter 31 of the book and used it as my inspiration for today's card.

Your Contribution
Is More Valuable
Than You Might Think

In the early days in his career as a reporter, Jim recalls that he was fortunate to work with a professional he admired - his editor. He was in awe working for him and perhaps a wee bit intimidated when he learned that the editor would be joining him for several days, sitting next to him on the press plane, eating the same food, reading the same handouts, and watching him write. Oh, the pressure!

The editor also had a notebook full of assignments about Washington developments. He perched his typewriter on his knees and began writing, even before they had landed. Jim noticed he rolled that paper into the typewriter just like others did. And he sat motionless while formulating what he would write before ever hitting the keys.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Then the editor did the unbelievable. He asked Jim to read over his shoulder and to give suggestions to improve the article he'd just written. Jim "meekly suggested" a word change, which the editor embraced. This happened repeatedly before that article was completed and then the editor said, "I hate to write, but I love  having written" (which unbeknownst to Jim at the time is actually a quote from Dorothy Parker).

Jim never forgot the impact that one trip, that one article had on his own personal journey as s reporter.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp: Me E Ink Begin Anywhere stamped with Memento Paris Dusk Ink and colored with a Zig Marker

Papers: Recollections and Stampin' UP CS and DP from the America Crafts True Stories Paper Pad

Embellishment: Michael's Rhinestone

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great card for that fabulous sentiment!! Lots of readers and writers in my bunch so this card is a real standout to me, Jeanette!