Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Try Something New with Napkins


While on Facebook one day I heard the rave about using napkins in Bible Journaling. It involves using Gesso and paper napkins with a pretty design/image on them. I wanted to give it a try, but was hesitant to do so in my Bible without first trying it somewhere else. So... I did it on a card.

But... I messed up.

I didn't realize there is clear Gesso. I had Gesso and thought it was what they were talking about. Then, when I used it, I discovered it really dulls the image... so I'm thinking I was supposed to use clear Gesso. I guess I'll be making a trip to the big box Craft store before I try this technique again.

It doesn't show up real well, but I add a little bit of Stickles on the outline of the poinsettia to give it a bit of definition and sparkle.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Sentiment: Stampin' UP! stamped with Memento Cottage Ivy Ink

Image: Napkin from an unknown vendor

Papers: Recollections Black, Ivory, and Red CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones and Stickles Glitter Glue

4 comments:

Carol W said...

Cute card Jeanette. I did the technique with modge podge and used the napkin as a background. It is a fun technique. I adore the inside of this card as well. I'm glad you tried it first on a card.

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

You know this do-able with mod podge too. I kind of like the muted look.

kiwimeskreations said...

Good try Jeanette, and a great save!! I wll have to keep my eye open for clear gesso too...
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I love the muted tones of these gorgeous poinsettias! Fabulous holiday card, Jeanette!