Sunday, July 9, 2017

Out to Pasture


It's time for a new challenge at International Art & Soul...


July 9 - 22
Theme: Elements of Nature

I hope you'll participate!


I thought this pasture scene was an appropriate image to use for my card:





When I think of nature, my mind almost immediately thinks of my son Brock. He is a big guy with a tender heart for the "ducks" at our local park. (Okay, I know many of them are really geese, but he calls all of them ducks.) He loves to go to the park and feed these special friends the leftover bread from the loaf he buys each week for the sandwiches in his lunchbox.


Oh, the joy of sharing!



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Image/Quote: Flourishes Country Road stamped with Lawn Fawn ink and colored with Chameleon Colored Pencils

Papers: Recollections Black, Kraft & White CS and DP from my scrap file

Embellishments: Brads from an unknown vendor
SaveSave

11 comments:

Hazel said...

A beautiful tranquil scene on your card and the brown is perfect for it. Well done, Brock, on feeding the 'ducks'. I'm feeding the birds in my back garden and Lily is watching them from the open doorway, hmmm. Hazel x

Margaret said...

Your card is fabulous. Love that image you used. It does look so peaceful. I'd love to be sitting under that tree with a good book enjoying the peace and quiet.

Great photo of Brock. So good to "see" him. We have ducks and a pond where I work and our Fed Ex guy feeds them. We bring in our leftover bread just like Brock does and give it to Mike and he goes and feeds the ducks.

MiamiKel said...

OH Jeanette, such a peaceful and calming scene ~ a wonderful card! But the highlight is that handsome young man doing one of his favorite activies - what a joy! ♥

Mimi said...

Beautiful Jeanette and a wonderful link in with Brock. It is wonderful to see people loving nature isn't it, I always think it shows the inner beauty of the person when you see the reaction and appreciation for the non-man made things in life :) :) :) Hugs Jane xxxxxx

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful card Jeanette - love the tranquil scene and the wonderful script on the oh so appropriate quote!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I love these awesome pictures of Brock sharing with his ducks!! Beautiful card, too!

kReN said...

Just love silhouette images on cards. Country Road is a great Flourishes set! TFS!

Ravengirl said...

What a lovely card!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Loved both of your card posts but really loved seeing Brock feeding the "Ducks" Can't wait to see pics of him with the cows! LOL

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

aw your card is fabulous but seeing pictures of brock in his daily life makes me even happier! Such a special guy in your life!

Barb said...

Beautiful card and such a pretty scene. I love the pictures of Brock!!!