Wednesday, July 26, 2017

Mid-Week Joy Report with Trip Around the Sun



WOW! WOW! WOW!!! I've had blog posts every day so you might not have noticed I was gone, but I just got home from a mission trip to the Dominican Republic. An awesome, amazing, adventuresome trip! WOW!!!

And now that I'm home again, I'm trying to catch up. I left my guys at home... so envision a bachelor's pad that needs cleaning/organizing, a pile of laundry to do, and tons of emails/correspondence to sort through, just to mention a few things.

AND..... I have BIG news! I now get to reveal the two winners from my week as a Growing In Unity Gal!!! DRUM ROLL PLEASE!

Corrine Derby and Susan McFeggan, this is your lucky day! You are the two winners! Please get in touch with me (I need your mailing address so Unity can get your prize package to you). THANKS to all who commented all week long. There were many of you!!! I'm so glad the winners were chosen by a random drawing and not something I had to personally select.


I also have a card ready to show you - inspired by a chapter in the little book 50 Truths Worth Knowing.


Age Is Just a Number
Chapter 30


Katie's grandmother is a delightful woman. At 76-years of age, she knew how to have fun and not to let life get to her. She'd buy shoes just because she liked them (and then figure out what she could wear them with), she'd flirt unashamedly (and harmlessly) with young waiters. She was a world traveler.

Then... to no one's surprise... she decided to go parasailing. Strapped to a parachute, she set out for the adventure she so longed for - after all, she'd dreamed of parasailing for quite some time.

To her age was just a number,not a deterrent. She lived life to the max, without worry. She enjoyed sharing the bright summer day with her family while "savoring the thrill of wind and speed lifting her in the air."





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Stamp: Verses Enjoy the Trip stamped with Gina K Onyx Black nk

Sun Effect: MFT Sun Rays Stencil sponed with Ranger Fossilized Amber Distress Oxide Ink

Splatters: White Watercolors

Papers: Recollections Black, Core'dinations White, and Stampin' UP Daffodil Delight CS

Embellishments: Your Next Stamp Gum Drops

5 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

OMG...Thats ME!!!!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Oooppps............I was so excited I forgot to comment on your card! LOL Well you did it again! Such a cool card and I loved the story. Hope I'm that ambitious in my 70's!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a fabulous card Jeanette - and a wonderful reflection of that ladies attitude to life!! Glad you time away was so wonderful
Blessings
Maxine

MiamiKel said...

Welcome back and sounds like a wonderful message of God's love was shared with those whose lives you touched!
Congrats to Connie and Susan *wink!*

Lynn McAuley said...

I love your wonderful sunny background with this fabulous sentiment!! Great card, Jeanette!

Congratulations to Corrine and Susan!! So lucky to be adding some Unity beauties to their collections!!