Sunday, July 30, 2017

Grace, Grace, God's Grace



I love Bible Journaling (BAJ)... so much so that I am in a Bible Journaling group on SCS. That being said, the last time I posted a BAJ page on my blog was June 23. Yikes! That is a long time ago. I really need to do better than that, don't I? Especially since I love doing it.

Julie, the leader of the SCS BAJ group gives us a challenge each month. This month's challenge theme is GRACE. She reminded us that "without the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ, we would all be lost forever."

So true.

I chose to use butterflies on my BAJ page because they are a great example of transformation, as they change from a caterpillar to a beautiful butterfly.





Yet God, in His grace, 
freely makes us right in His sight.
Romans 3:24


The right side of my page is actually one of the drawn illustrations in my Inspire Bible. Truthfully, I usually just cover these over with the elements of my page.... but this time I decided to incorporate it into my design and color the words. I stamped the butterfly on the page.

The tip-in page also has two of the butterflies on it. The stamp is from a Stampin' UP! stamp set that my friend Carol gave me many years ago. THANKS Carol!

The back side of the tip-in page is where I put the brief version of my salvation testimony (in my sloppy handwriting).



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies Used

Image: Stampin' UP! God's Beauty stamped with Colorbok Chalk Ink and colored with colored pencils

Paper: My Mind's Eye Lost & Found Paper Pad

Letters: American Crafts

Embellishment: Michael's Washi Tape

4 comments:

Margaret said...

So beautiful. You know I love butterflies so this is really special to me. Love your add in page with your testimony as a young girl. Hugs, Maggie

kiwimeskreations said...

What a wonderful pair of pages Jeanette - love the continuity of the butterflies in the design, and your powerful testimony
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Beautiful page for this part of the story of your wonderful faith journey! Awesome work!

Shelly Schmidt said...

I just love this special page and butterflies are a perfect symbol! Beautiful!!!