Saturday, July 15, 2017

Darlings and Shakespeare


Are you ready for this month's Dueling Darlings duel? I've been anticipating this day for some time now. Let's duel!

Paola and Heather are the hosts this month, so they put their heads together and came up with a theme. Then they each put together kits and mailed them out to the respective team members. I'm a Dazzler, so I received one of Paola's kits. WOW! It was full of awesome stuff. THANK Paola! And thanks to both of you for being the DDD hosts this month.

The theme they chose is....

Midsummer Night's Dream
The theme was taken from Shakespeare, 
but also a reflections of the time of year it is
After all, we are smack dab in the middle of summer


Paola's kit included the following items...

DESIGNER PAPER : 
Graphic45 ( Nature Sketchbook Collection)
* Flora Fascination # 4501476
* Wildflower Bouquet # 4501478
* The Sprinkling Limited Edition Colors c/s stack
STAMPS:
Fairy Sweet by Penny Black ( illustrated by M.Manning) 
Maple Leaf by SU 
Sentiments( sm) by Inkadinkado ( lrg) by Great Impression E655
ACCESSORIES:
* turquoise deco dots and tourquise candy floss by American Crafts
* grosgrain ribbon by SU
* red sheer ribbon ; turquoise jewels ; Bazzil flower blossoms - From my stash
* red and green foliage dies and fairy post die - From my dies' collection


The Dazzlers also had the option of finding/using their own fairy type of image. I found mine as a freebie coloring page on trafic-booster.biz.




As an extra challenge - in celebration of Canada's 150th Birthday, we were asked to include the maple leaf somewhere on our cards.  We were also asked to share what Shakespeare quote we use the most... so I looked and looked and looked and truthfully I couldn't find a Shakespeare quote that I use all that often. But I did find one that is a reflections of my personality in Shakespeare's Hamlet. "To thine own self be true." I've always been an individual who lived my life according to my principles, my goals, etc. I am not one who struggles with what others think. I march to my own drum.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 
Please head over to all of the Dueling Darling blogs to see what they've made, too. You can find the links in my left sidebar.



In addition to Paola's kit, I used the free Fairy image I found and the following card stock: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Old Olive

16 comments:

Tracie said...

So cute. I love your fairy.

stampingbowd said...

THis is adorable inside and out!!! I love the gorgeous paper you used with that sweet little fairy!

terry serman said...

Very sweet fairy! Your maple leaf looks great.

Carol W said...

What a beautiful card Jeanette. I love the image you chose. Breat use of this kit. Just beautiful...

Shelly Schmidt said...

Oh this fairy is adorable!!! I love the circle sentiment over the maple leaf- such a fun layout! Great card!

kiwimeskreations said...

What a beauty Jeanette - this is a lovely card!! Love how you used the maple leaf to accent the sentiment
Blessings
Maxine

HeatherB said...

LOVE these papers! I had Graphic 45 in mind when doing my kit, but just couldn't find the right pattern! Glad I went with something different, or those kits may have been almost identical! Adorably sweet image too.

Barb said...

Jeanette--this card is wonderful! I love the colors and your layout too! Great job on the "challenge" this month!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Absolutely love it! What a sweet fairy and the layout shows off those beautiful papers. He he he, we chose the same quote from Shakespeare. Great minds.

MiamiKel said...

Such a delightful card - beautiful decorated with paper to dazzle! I love the fairy floating by to send cheer and merriment! Lovely card design, too!

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Well thats a cute fairy! And of course G45's are my favorite papers!!!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such awesome florals with this sweet fairy!! Great card, Jeanette!

Judy McMullen said...

Wow! Gorgeous card, Jeanette! Love the rich colors of the designer paper and the darling, beautifully colored fairy. So lovely!!!

dweatter said...

So cute. I love the soft colors you used to color with image, with the bold colors of the DP's. I really like the sentiment up in the corner on the inside. Nicely done!!!

:: BlueInks :: said...

Those DP layers without card stock behind them look really good. Such a cute card!

Terry Ladwig said...

What a cute little fairy you used! Love all of the DP layers!