Friday, July 7, 2017

An Ocean View


Something you probably know about me if you come to my blog regularly is that my faith is important to me. Because of that, I belong to a group on SCS called Crafters of Faith. My friend Kelly is the mama of the group and each month one of the members volunteers to provide a scripture and a theme for our monthly challenge. This month, our amazing leader Kelly is the one who chose the theme (well, actually she got some help from her son, but that makes it even more special, right?) - and it's a FANTASTIC theme, I might add. THANK YOU so much Kelly for developing the Crafters of Faith group, for letting me be part of it, and for giving us this month's theme!

This is Kelly's theme (in her words)...

It was hard to narrow down which scripture I wanted to use, so I asked my son to pick one of his favorites ♥ He said Matthew 5:16 without hesitation! So that's what we will create with for July ....

Matthew 5:16: "Let your light shine before others."

I'll make it easier though! Please create a card using the scripture as a base and use any image with a lighthouse, anything nautical (oceans, anchors, etc) that often accompany lighthouses, or any image(s) that are with stars, light in the sky, etc. Let your light shine!





It doesn't show up very well in the picture, but I attempted to create little white caps on the crashing waves, using a white gel pen.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image/Sentiment: Unity Realize stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers and a White Gelly Roll Pen

Cardstock: Recollections Black, Kraft, and White and Stampin' UP! Calypso Coral

Embellishments: Brads from an unknown vendor

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Standing ovation!

Oh this card is a sight to behold! What a gorgeous colored scene and the color palette is so warm and inviting, like stepping into the scene with her ♥ What a beautiful card for the challenge (compliments of little man) and I'm so glad you are part of the group and share your faith with us!

kiwimeskreations said...

Jeanette this is marvelous - love the sea scene you have created, and the colours of your base and contrast are perfect too.
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Absolutely gorgeous and another stamp for my Unity wish list!!

Barb said...

This card is stunning--it is so pretty and I love everything about it!