Saturday, July 8, 2017

A Happy Camper


Camping is NOT my husband's favorite thing to do, but at this very moment he is at Lake Sallateeska (an Illinois Baptist State Camp) helping to direct a week of camping activities for children. His willingness to do this in spite of it being way outside of his comfort zone is a testimony to the value he places upon young lives.

When my daughter (who is here with us even though she lives in Alaska) saw the card I made for today's blog post, she said, "You should send this to dad." Hmmmm... I guess it does seem appropriate.





This card is also appropriate for the Sweet Stampin' Challenge this week


July 8 - 14

The Theme is Photo Inspiration
Create a card/project basked on this photo:


I hope you'll participate!



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Image/Sentiment: Unity Camper Bliss stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! Bashful Blue CS and AMuse Studio Gingham DP

Clouds: Our Daily Bread Clouds & Raindrops Die Set

Embellishments: Transparent Dots from an unknown vendor

6 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette I am sure it would be 'salt in the wound' for DH to receive a card like this!! Love your card with its soft colours and the glorious floral caravan!! YOur cloud placement is very eye catching
Blessings
Maxine

Chris said...

It's a fabulous card Jeanette...love the stamp and the lovely soft colours, a great interpretation of the inspiration photo! Have to admit if it was my card and my O/H it would be in the post by now!!! :D
Chris
xx

Kristie W. said...

Cute camper! I will admire it but I wouldn't actually go camping lol! Like Maxine, I like how you placed the cloud die cuts!

Lynn McAuley said...

How fabulous is this paper-pieced camper!! Super fun card with your gingham sky, Jeanette!

Barb said...

How dang cute!

Wendy Nicola Jackson said...

I really love this sweet card Jeanette. The soft palette is so pretty, perfect for that inspiration pic and the blue gingham is lovely as a backdrop for that fab camper image. Love that sentiment too, so clever. A gorgeous card hun. Hugs, Wends xoxo