Thursday, May 11, 2017

Try Something New with Vellum and Distress Ink



Unity is one of my favorite stamp companies. I have a lot of their stamps - have you noticed? And I use them quite often. I {heart} Unity!

I am also on their mailing list so they send me these really cool tutorial videos nearly every day. One day not too long ago there was one about stamping on vellum and doing a distress ink treatment on the card behind the vellum. I decided it would be a great thing to use for my "Try Something New" project this week. And... I thought I remembered how it was done, so I just went to it. And then...

Then. Funny how that one little word spells trouble, isn't it?

I couldn't figure out how to put the whole thing together so I went back to the video... HERE. In the process I discovered I'd missed a very important step. I hadn't left an un-inked border around the card stock. So I adapted.

This is the card I came up with (not like the video, but I like it!) Of course, what's not to like when you're using amazing Unity stamps! 




Here's the inside:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image/Sentiment: Unity Be the Best stamped with Brilliance Dew Drop ink (Mediterranean Blue)

Distress Ink: Tim Holtz (Antique Linen, Peeled Paint, and Salty Ocean)

Papers: Recollections Blue and White  and Stampin' UP! Green Galore CS and Vellum from an unknown vendor

Die: Nestablilities (double layered to make frame)

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

1 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

What a beauty, Jeanette! I love the vellum and distress ink sponging on the front and that awesome dragonfly inside and out!