Tuesday, April 25, 2017

Try Something New with Watercolor


I have been admiring the watercolor cards I've been seeing... but had no idea how to even begin. Well, beyond BUYING a bunch of watercolors, which I managed to do just fine without much help at all. ;)

So, what's a girl to do? Google some help, of course. And Google took me to a YouTube video with a watercolor technique that looked easy enough for a beginner, so I gave it a try.


I didn't think it turned out too bad, for my first attempt.

Nicole at Scraps and Stamps is a very good teacher! Check out the video I watched HERE.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Sentiment: Endless Creations stamped with VersaFine and embossed with Ranger Black Embossing Powder
Papers: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Pink Passion CS and other papers (including Watercolor Paper) from unknown vendors
Watercolors: Artist's Loft
Die: from an unknown vendor
Embellishments: Your Next Stamp Gum Drops

3 comments:

Susan McFeggan said...

I think you did a great job for a first time watercolorer! Love the card.

Lynn McAuley said...

I just added this die to my collection last week! I love this great layout with your wonderful watercolored background, Jeanette!

Barb said...

Great card Jeanette--you did a great job watercoloring!