Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Try Something New with Boxes


It's Tuesday... time to try something new. I hope I'm telling the truth when I say that I've never used a cardboard box for my card front. Suffice it to say I don't remember ever doing so.

I actually got the idea to do this when I was perusing the SCS Gallery one day last week. A card (click HERE) really grabbed my attention... and the cardboard in particular is what I was drawn to. So I decided to give it a try.



It was fun! I tore off the top layer of the corrugated cardboard not worrying about getting a clean look, but leaving it rather rugged on purpose.




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



Images/Sentiment: North Coast Creations Warm My Heart stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections (Black, Kraft, and 110# White) and Stampin' UP! (Taken with Teal) Card Stock... and a REAL CARDBOARD BOX!

Embellishments: Paper Studio Die Cut Doily and Stampin' UP! Brads

3 comments:

jimlynn said...

Absolutely Fabulous!!!! Love the way you did the corrugated on this and the fun cups.
Lynn

:: BlueInks :: said...

Your idea turned out perfectly. It reminds me of the drink sleeves on a coffee. That image is great!

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome textured background for these two sweet cups of coffee!!