Tuesday, April 25, 2017

The Experiment Worked


On April 4, my blog post was titled "A Myth and an Experiment". I spoke about how it apparently is a myth that it takes 21 days to develop a habit... but that I was going to run an experiment and see the outcome. The experiment is what I called my personal 21-Day Bible Journaling Challenge. I was to Bible Journal every day for 21 days... as a means of trying to be more active in Bible Journaling.

The challenge officials ended on April 24 - that was yesterday. I celebrated - okay, not much of a celebration, but I was excited to say I'd succeeded in Bible Journaling every day for 21 days. And I said that I'd do less Bible Journaling now, because I have trips planned and I can't Bible Journal away from home very well.

Then today came.... and something was missing from my life.

I have a conference to lead this weekend and I needed to be working on it. I did work on it. BUT something was missing. I hadn't Bible Journaled.

So I guess the experiment DID work... I developed a good habit.

And since I could (I am home and the conference plans are nearly finished), I did a simple page in my Journaling Bible...


Open up, O heavens,
and pour out your righteousness.
Let the earth open wide
so salvation and righteousness can sprout up together,
I, the Lord, created them.
Isaiah 45:8 (NLT)




Thanks for stopping by my blog!


Supplies Used

Image: Stampin' UP! You've Got This stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers (The Scripture verse was computer generated)

Papers: Recollections CS and AMuse Studio DP

Embellishment: Target Fabric Tape

1 comment:

Lynn McAuley said...

So very pretty!! I am still too scared to get started on mine!! I need to read and do more research in an attempt to not screw it up!!