Friday, April 28, 2017

My Super Hero


Today is a very special day! It is the anniversary of the day I first became a mother - yes, today is my oldest son's birthday. He won't see this blog post, so I guess I'll have to resort to FB and iPhones to wish him a happy birthday. ;)

This is also a special day because on the 28th of every month, the Challenge Your Stash group members are challenged to use what we have and create a card/project based on a theme. This month, my friend Kelly is the hostess - which means she chose the theme. She sure chose a fun one! THANK YOU, Kelly!

Make a Super Hero Card. Use an image of a super hero, or some DSP or the word Super! Just use your stash and do not buy anything new!

It was interesting to read comments in the SCS thread where we hang out as some members were a bit concerned if they had anything for this theme or not. One lady even said she might have to do punch art. I sure hope she did. I love punch art!

But... I digress.

I did have the perfect stamp set...
Sugar Pea Designs "My Hero"



My design is pretty plain/simple, but it seems appropriate with my Super Hero dude. And the sentiment (which is kind of hard to read in the upper left corner) says it all... Have a SUPER day!





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image/Sentiment: Sugar Pea Designs "My Hero" stamped with Lawn Fawn Jet Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers

Papers: Recollections (Black, Gold, and White) and Stampin' UP! Dapper Denim Card Stock and DP from the DCWV Year Round Paper Pad

Banner Die: from an unknown vendor

Embellishments: Oriental Trading Enamel Dots

4 comments:

MiamiKel said...

Awwww Happy Birthday to J! I am sure he will love your SUPER card :) love the banner die, too ;) thank you for playing along superhero challenge !

Barb said...

Oh My--what a great card Jeanette. Such a cute image and I love the banner!

CardsbyJo said...

Jeanette, This is perfect! I love your super hero card! It is so cute, with the flag banner and sentiment. Thanks for sharing!

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great birthday card for your son! I love your fabulous streamer of pennants! So very festive with this super guy!