Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Try Something New


First, let me say - HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! 
I hope you have a great day with the love of your life.

I can't stop with just that greeting though... because it's Tuesday... time to Try Something New!

I saw a video a week or two ago - and then couldn't find it again even after trying diligently to do so. It described how to create your own background (designer) paper by scoring lines in regular yardstick and then adding ink.

Since I couldn't find the video to refresh my memory of how to do this... I just started playing. LOL! I scored my white cardstock at 1/2" intervals. I did this straight, because I couldn't figure out how to do it at an angle, but since I wanted those lines angled, I trimmed the paper to make that happen - after I inked it. I used a brayer to add the ink. I like how the lines (score tracks) didn't take the ink.

I actually really had fun with this card - and like how that background turned out.





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: Stampendous Full Fluffies stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers and a Zig Wink of Stella Marker

Ink for Background Technique: Altenew Crimson

Cardstock: Recollections Black and White

Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones, Paper Studio Doily, and Stampin' UP! Ribbon

3 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

A fun card with a fabulous background Jeanette - love it !!
Blessings
Maxine

kel Acopan said...

Happy Valentineʻs Day Jeanette!! I love your card, so cute! I love Fluffles!!!

lovies, =o) kel

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great tiled background for this wonderful Valentine. This is one of my all-time favorite Fluffles!!