Monday, February 13, 2017

Sew Much Fun


I love to sew. I remember - somewhat fondly - when my sister tried so hard to teach me how to sew when I was just a youngster. She's much more talented than I am and had been sewing from a young age. I wanted to learn... but didn't want to put a lot of extra effort into the task. Once, she insisted I had done a seam wrong and it needed to be taken out.... something about not putting the pressure foot down, or something like that. I thought it looked just fine. LOL!

Anyway, I did finally learn to sew. In fact, I was good enough at it that when I was in college - a Theatre major - I was relegated to the Costume Department because I was one of the few students to have the necessary skills for that area. It was a great honor to go through the ranks from being a costume "seamstress" to assistant, to finally in my Senior year being able to design the costumes for our MainStage production.

So, yes, I love to sew.

And therefore I squealed in delight when I received my Frantic Stamper design team package and discovered sewing-themed dies amongst the many dies. WOW!!!

Here are two cards I made with the dies...

Card #1





Card #2




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Supplies List Card #1

Dies: Frantic Stamper In Stitches #3, Sewing Accessories, and Sewing Machine 
Papers: Recollections Black and Staples Ivory Cardstock and Crate Paper DIY Shop Paper Pad Designer Paper
Embellishments: Foof-a-La Buttons and Washi Tape from an unknown vendor

Supplies List Card #2

Dies: Frantic Stamper In Stitches #3 and Nested Double Ended Tags
Image: Tim Holtz Blueprint 1 stamped with Gina K Black Onyx Ink
Papers: Recollections Brown and Staples Ivory Cardstock and Crate Paper DIY Shop Paper Pad Designer Paper
Embellishments: Prima Flowers and Brads and Washi Tape from unknown vendors
SaveSaveSaveSave

4 comments:

Katydid Cards said...

These are both great cards. I always love seeing cards with sewing themes! I've been missing from your blog for so long...I can't wait to see what awaits me in your older posts.

Barb said...

Your cards are both so darn cute! I am loving seeing your create with these wonderful dies!

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this remarkable design, Jeanette! What awesome work with these sensational die cuts!

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette these are fabulous- love the dies and images, and you have made two gorgeous cards!! I have done a lot of sewing over the years - not so much now I have been seduced by paper craft!!
Blessings
Maxine