Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Mid-Week Joy Report


This week has been amazing!

I've eaten at two of my favorite places - Olive Garden (my husband - and our son Brock - took me there for our anniversary!) and Chipotle (I had an out-of-town meeting and that's where I chose to eat).

I got to go to a Shoebox Swap - here in my own town. I didn't know it was going to happen until just before I was to leave home for three days - so I scrambled to design a card and put together kits. It was a lot of fun!

I got to go to Michael's and check out their new Bible Journaling section - it's an endcap on one of their aisles. Not a lot of stuff, but more than they had before.

I love making cards and this week I made a total of 21!

Yep, it's been a GREAT week!


* * * * *

I'm in the sixth week of My 50 Truths Challenge... check it out HERE if you want to see the previous 5 weeks. Each week I read s chapter/excerpt from the book 50 Truths Worth Knowing and then create a card based on what I've read. The title of the sixth chapter/excerpt is "The Grass Is Greener on the Other Side of the Fence... So?" Interesting title, don't you think?

Tony talks about how he and his neighbors used to always work very hard at keeping their lawns in immaculate condition... using top-of-the line sprinklers, self-propelled lawn mowers, and electric fish-line brush whackers to ensure that their lawns looked fabulous. It wasn't really a competition, but rather just something that they all thought was important. And he said he used to love every bit of it.

Until.

Lucy (who is now four) and Will (who is almost two).

While he used to spend the entire morning on yard work, now he'd rather spend time with his kids, making chugga, chugga, chugga sounds of the little engine that could... or raking up leaves into a pile that they can jump into, only to turn around and do it again.

It seems to me Tony has found what's most important - Lucy and Will (not an award-winning yard) and he loves those two little ones "mower & mower".




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image/Sentiment: A Muse Studio Hey Man! stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black Ink and colored with Copic Markers
Papers: Recollections Black and White and Stampin' UP! More Mustard Cardstock and DP from my scrap file
Dies: A Muse Studio Grass Border and MFT Tall Grassy Edge
Stencil: MFT Sun Rays (with Tim Holtz Distress Ink)
Embellishment: Grosgrain Ribbon from an unknown source

2 comments:

kiwimeskreations said...

Great 'story' behind your card Jeanette, and a wonderful illustration based on it - love the puny sentiment!! 21 cards in a week - that's mind blowing!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

Today's story sure hits home for me! I know I need to invest "mower" into being present in the present! There is so much love to give!

I know the ladies at the shoebox swap loved this awesome design, Jeanette!