Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Challenge Your Stash Takes Flight


Tuesdays mean "Try Something New" and the 28th of the month means "Challenge Your Stash"... so I combined the two.

Now does that make any sense at all??? Let me explain.

I set a goal to try new things this year - so every Tuesday on my blog I try to show something new I've tried regarding this hobby I love.  Challenge Your Stash is a group I'm in on SCS. The idea is we use products we already have to create a card/project based on the theme one of the members chooses. We post our items on the 28th of every month.

LJ is the Challenge Your Stash hostess this month and she gave us the theme "Take Flight" (things that fly)...  So I went with butterflies.


Fly
as high as your dreams will take you


The new thing on my card is the technique I used for the background. It's actually something I learned from a Unity video tutorial - yesterday. (Okay, I procrastinated and didn't make this card until last night... but I am on time.) You can check out the video HERE.

Truthfully, my background looked weird, don't you think? But then I splattered it with water to create waterspots and let it dry before embossing the butterfly onto it with white embossing powder and then splatter embossing it with Fran-tage Shabby Blue Embossing Powder. I really kind of like how it turned out overall.



This photo shows the inks I used:



For the inside, I stamped a butterfly in the corner:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



 Stamps: My Favorite Things Blissful Butterflies and Unity Here Today, Here Tomorrow

Ink: Dew Drops Mediterranean Blue, Gina K Black Onyx, Tim Holtz Distress and Versafine

Embossing Powders: JudiKins Opaque White and Stampendous Fran-tage Shabby Blue

Cardstock: Recollections White and Stampin' UP! Brilliant Blue
Embellishments: Michael's Rhinestones

7 comments:

CardsbyJo said...

Beautiful Jeanette. Love your background.

Barb said...

This card is just stunning! I love the background and you have rocked the challenge!

MiamiKel said...

Oh. my. Goodness! This is an absolute masterpiece ! What a stunning card through and through from the vibrant and rich colors to the contrasting white butterfly - WOW! ❤️

jimlynn said...

That's a GORGEOUS background for the butterfly! Wow!!! So very pretty.
Lynn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning card Jeanette, and it is simple amazing - and definitely way out of your usual style - keep it up!!
Blessings
Maxine

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Funny how we are not sure with the results of this technique but then you add a little of this and a little of that and WOW!!!! AWESOME!!! Love your Butterfly in Flight.

Lynn McAuley said...

I love what water does to distress inks!! What a beautiful creation, Jeanette!