Saturday, January 21, 2017

Woman of Strength


I am the January hostess for the Card Making Chicks group. I sent out bright yellow envelopes with a few items in them and these instructions: I chose the stamp set I did because, being the beginning of a new year, many of us have chosen a theme word for the year, set some annual goals, or even made some New Year Resolutions. I think this image is a bit pensive, as if she is reflecting on the year ahead and what she hopes to accomplish. And understandably, I think the sentiments are appropriate, too.

Image/Sentiments
Unity Dream of Being - the image stamped with Memento Tuxedo Black ink and the Sentiments with Gina K Onyx Black ink

Cardstock
Recollections Kraft and 110# White

Designer Paper
Canvas Corp Coffee Stamps on Kraft
Paper Pizazz Yummy Coffee Beans
Recollections Brick

Embellishments
A Muse Studio Baker's Twine and Ribbon
Mug Brad (from an unknown vendor)

I also encouraged the Chickies to use any of their own embellishments if they wanted to.

Here is my card:




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



The only thing I used in addition to my kit was cardstock (Recollections Black, Kraft, and White).

7 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Beautiful card Jeanette! Love the little coffee mug brad!

jimlynn said...

Fantastic card Jeanette! Love the twine and image and you just always seem to have the perfect patterned paper for your cards.
Lynn

Lisa Lara said...

Oh fabulous!

Carol W said...

Jeanette I love this card. The image is awesome and it was a fun kit to receive. Thanks so much. You did an amazing job on your card!!!

kiwimeskreations said...

Love your use of this image and the slanted background - beautifully coloured too.
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

Love your card design. I love this image and working with it. I couldn't believe how fast I put mine together.

Lynn McAuley said...

Awesome work with this Unity image! I love the brick and coffee papers on this fabulous layout, Jeanette!