Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Try Something New with Gel Pens


In keeping with my goal to try something new each week, I've made this card...


Can you guess what I tried that's new?

I colored the image entirely with gel pens. I've never done that before. And I kind of like it. It's so sparkly!

The inside is way too simple, but it seemed fitting for this CAS card...



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: KLM Designs Sunflower stamped with Gina K Black Onyx Ink and colored with AmazaPens (Glitter Gel Pens) that were a Christmas gift from my husband
Papers: Recollections Black and 110# White Cardstock and AMuse Studio Polka Dots Designer Paper
Embellishments: Simple Stories Say Cheese II Enamel Dots

5 comments:

Desire Fourie said...

Jeanette www.desiref.blogspot.com
Jeanette this is such a beautiful project.
This will also be perfect for one entry as an anything goes creation for our challenge below.
Hugs
Desíre
{ATG with a CREATE WITH TLC Element}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Lisa Lara said...

Well the effect is stunning Jeanette. That must have taken awhile to color with the gel pens. Good for you to try something new.

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

So cute! I've colored with gel pens before. I was up at my summer home and forgot my tombows and had just bought a new Northwoods stamp up there. I was dying to color it but all I had were gel pens and crayons! Sooooo I used the gel pens! What a cool effect! Did you know that if you lay 2 scribbled colors next to each other they blend with a dampened paint brush? Has to be quickly after color is layed down while pens ink is still wet. Turns out pretty nice on evergreens and flowers. OOps sorry....long comment...my fingers typith over! LOL

kiwimeskreations said...

ohhhh this is gorgeous Jeanette - love the sparkly flower - the inside is perfect for this card!!
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

I love this fabulous off-set sunflower!! Beautiful card, Jeanette!