Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Try Something New Tuesday


Tuesdays are all about trying something new. Today's card is definitely new - a new technique... and a new Design Team. You may have noticed that in my right side bar... but this is the first time I get to actually show you anything I've made for the Frantic Stamper Inc. design team. Let me tell you, I was so excited when I found out I'd made the team... as a full-time member, which mens it's for the whole year. YAY!

And part of the excitement is getting a package in the mail with lots of dies... lots and lots of dies... to work with. WOW! The February release is called Feminine Style, and the dies are just exquisite.

I'll be showing you the cards I've made so far with this release on the four Mondays in February, but today I'm going to start it off by showing you this card...



Wondering what "new" thing I tried? Well, actually, I'm thinking it's two things. First, this is the first time that I've used a die as the focal part of my card... no stamping. at. all. That's quite a switch for me.

The other "new" thing I did... on the larger bloom, I not only used the die-cut, but I also used all of the little pieces inside (in pink). It was like a puzzle, let me tell you... but I managed to find the right places and glued all those little pieces into the flower.

The designer paper I chose to use just seemed to fit perfectly... it almost looks like the swirls are the stems, etc.

The little blossom is part of the February Feminine Style release, too... and the really good news is, you get both dies in one set - Lacey Blooms Two. You can find it HERE in the Frantic Stamper store.

For the inside of my card I added another one of the die-cuts...




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Dies: Frantic Stamper Lacey Blooms Two
Cardstock: Recollections Red, Stampin' UP! Blushing Bride, and Staples Ivory
Designer Paper: Cloud 9 Designs Luster Raspberry Ripple
Embellishment: Your Next Stamps Gum Drops

6 comments:

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Jeanette...how clever!! I would have never thought of using those little pieces! Beautiful card. Thanks for sharing technique!

MiamiKel said...

Such a gorgeous card and very clever way to use the reverse die! Marvelous first step into the die world! Congratulations on your new DT!

Barb said...

Jeanette--congrats on your new gig! I love your card and it is s creative to use the pieces in the middle of your flower. You rocked the challenge and I am excited to se more of your creations!

kiwimeskreations said...

Congratulations on the new DT Jeanette - love how you have used the dies on this beautiful card
Blessings
Maxine

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love how you made this beautiful card! The DP is just perfect!!! And, the blossom on the inside is so pretty. You'll have to get some wide sticky tape or adhesive to cut those dies and make it less adventuresome : )!

Lynn McAuley said...

Such rich colors! I love this beautiful design, Jeanette!