Sunday, January 15, 2017

I Made a Wish


Today is the first Duel of 2017... Dueling Darling style. Tami (Divas) and Terry L (Dazzlers) are the hostesses this month. They chose a rather unique theme, too.... because it's actually no theme at all. The wanted to make it easy for us to get our cards completed so we could "get the year started off right." They chose a Valentine image so we'd be able to use our cards in the near future. THANK YOU Tami and Terry! You two rock!!!

Terry sent an adorable kit to the Dazzlers. A cute image, great sentiment, lovely papers, and lots of embellishments to choose from. Terry, you made it fun to create a card for this duel!

Items in Terry's Kit

Image and Sentiment: Heartily Yours - GinaK Designs

Paper: Months Stack (hearts) - DCWV, Blush Red - Core'dinations, Black - The Paper Studio

Embellishments: Red Gems, White pearls - The Paper Studio, White paper dots - Candi Dots, White Ribbon - Michaels






Be sure to head over to the other Dueling Darling blogs to see what they made (links to the Dazzlers and the Divas are in my left sidebar).

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!



The only thing I used other than the things in Terry's kit was some card stock (Recollections Black and Red). I colored the image with Copic markers.

18 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

How cute is this wishing well of love!! Fabulous card, Jeanette!

MiamiKel said...

What a sweet, sweet sentiment - this is one of those sets that I'd scoop up for the sentiment, too! Lovely card - classic and crisp and sharp!

Happy 1st duel of 2017!

Margaret said...

Very pretty. Can't believe it's time for Hearts & Flowers already. Hugs, Maggie

Terry Ladwig said...

Great card Jeanette!! Love how you put everything together :-)

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love this card! Your layout is so cute- I love the angled sentiment! And, as always- pretty coloring!

Darlene LeTavec said...

Jeanette, I really like how you angled the bottom panels on the front of your card. It's so eye-catching. Nice finishing touches on the inside, It ties the card together so well. (of course I admire your use of black panels, I tried to imitate it on my card this round!)

Barb said...

Jeanette--your card is so pretty. I love the design and your angles are perfect! Cute image too!

terry serman said...

Great coloring Jeanette! Love the diagonal piece along the bottom with the sentiment. Well done!

Tracie said...

Everything about your card is just adorable. Cutting the paper at an angle really makes the sentiment pop. Love your wishing well.

HeatherB said...

Oh man!! This image is awesome! I want to be on both teams!! Lovely layout for this one.

:: BlueInks :: said...

That dang pop of black - it is amazing. I must remember to use it!!! I so love how you angled the cut on the bottom of the card. Looks great with a touch of bling. Very cute card!

Carol W said...

Oh Jeanette, I love your card. I really like the layout and the angle cut you did on the front. Your cards are always an inspiration to me. I love the insides equally as well as the outsides. Great job with this kit!

Laura Jean (LJ) said...

Absolutely LOVE your card. The hearts in the well look so dimensional and I love the slanted corner with the sentiment!

Much LOVE - LJ

kiwimeskreations said...

Oh Jeanette this is fabulous - love how you have used the image and sentiment peeping out from under the angle.
Blessings
Maxine

s.mcfeggan@gmail.com said...

Great coloring as usual! Love your card

Unknown said...

Awww, what a sweet card this is *J*!
It has all the elements of a beautiful,
classy card...well done my friend!
Glad to start a new dueling season together!

Terry Andress said...

I love the layout and your coloring! Great card and here's to a great start in 2017!

Terry Andress said...

I love the layout and coloring...a terrific card! Here's to a great start in 2017!