Sunday, October 9, 2016

Coffee With My Friends


I have the best friends! Barb and Kelly embraced my idea for the Three Musketeers about two years ago and we've been going strong each month since November of 2014.


In case new here, let me explain. Each month one of us is the "host." The host chooses an image and mails it off to the other two and we all three create with the same image. Then on the 9th (or close to the 9th), we post what we created on our blogs.

This month Barb is the hostess. She said she noticed that a lot of our conversations involve 'Bux and the wonderfully delicious beverages we enjoy there. So when she saw the Sizzix Tim Holtz Coffee Time set (stamps, embossing folder, dies) she had to get it. So that's what we're creating with this month.

Thank you, Barb! This was such a fun set of goodies!

Oh, and in case anyone is wondering... my most favorite 'Bux beverages (I have two) are ones they VERY rarely have - Coconut Mocha Frappuccino (tastes like an Almond Joy candy bar) and Dark Cherry Mocha Frappuccino (tastes like Chocolate Covered Cherries). Did you notice a trend here? I only drink Frappuccinos at 'Bux. Since I so very seldom am able to get either of my favorites, I often choose a White Chocolate Mocha Frappuccino.

Kelly loves RED cups (I think with peppermint mocha, but not sure about that), and Pumpkin Spice.  I have no clue what Barb's favorite is. Maybe she will tell us on her blog.




Barb included two of the die-cut cup images, but she also sent a couple of the full cup images, too. I'm so glad she did, because we are the THREE Musketeers,  not just two.... and so I wanted to use a third cup. I fussy cut the one on the inside.


Now here's the disclaimer for my card. You know how I like to mat my layers with dark (usually black but sometimes brown). I wanted to do that on the inside of my card... but unfortunately I am completely out of Early Espresso cardstock so alas, there is no layering inside.

Now, let's head over to Barb's blog and Kelly's blog to see what they made. I'm sure their cards are absolutely AMAZING!

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


From Barb
Images/Sentiments: Sizzix Coffee Time stamped on Ivory CS with Memento Tuxedo Black ink (I colored the images with Copic markers)
Embossed Paper: Sizzix Coffee Time EF on SU Crumb Cake and Early Espresso CS

From My Stash
Cardstock: SU Pumpkin Pie
Embellishments: Bling/Rhinestones from an unknown vendor

SaveSaveSaveSave

6 comments:

Margaret said...

Great card Jeanette even without your laying on the inside. So fun to see each month what you 3 do with your images.

kiwimeskreations said...

Nice one Jeanette - love the three cups and the way you have used them
Blessings
Maxine

Lynn McAuley said...

What a great design for all your coffee-loving friends!! It is hard to have a good day if it doesn't start with a Caramel Macchiato around my house!!

Barb said...

What a cute card Jeanette. I love that you used both the embossed panels and all three of the images--one for each of us! I am glad you like the kit and I really love that you came up with this great idea a few years ago!

Katydid Cards said...

I don't know anything about Bux, but I know I sure do love this card! I'm a coffee lover myself!

MiamiKel said...

Wow, I had to scroll way WAY back to find this card, lol! You have been busy!

Such a cute design and a beautiful addition for the orange! Definitely not peppermint mocha for me, LOL - that's a combo I don't do - I'm a Nonfat Caramel double shot of expresso macchiato girl! :)

What a fun idea to include 3 cups of coffee - hurrah! One day it would be dreamy to have that cup in person :)

Cheers!