Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Mid-Week Peek at My Week


Since joining the PDE Linky Party design team, my blog is busy on Fridays so I'm going to do my Peek at My Week posts on Wednesdays instead... so TODAY IS THE DAY!

This week has mostly been a creative one, though there have also been a few meetings to attend. We are leaving on vacation this Saturday - that's 3 days off. YAY! So  I've been working to get design team commitments, swap commitments, etc. finished up before we leave. A week ago I had a minimum of 25 cards that needed to be made before we leave. It felt like a daunting task. But I am pleased to say that I've made 29 cards since last Thursday. Whew! Mission accomplished.

Did I mention I now need to put together 9 blog posts and have them scheduled to go live at the appropriate time... before we leave Saturday morning. And I have to do laundry. And pack.

So much to do... one step at a time.

Two of the cards I made this week are very special. See, it's MY month. Did you know that? LOL! I am in a card kit swap group on SCS. We send a kit to one recipient each month and she has two months to use the kits, making at least one card from each. August is my month. The very first kit I received this month - quite a while ago - was from Kelly. Her kit was full of goodies - embellishments galore (buttons, sequins, wood pieces, flowers, rhinestones, gems, even some cork, and more!) papers ribbons/fibers and darling images from Kraftin Kimmie (Woodland Friends set). THANK YOU, Kelly!

The only thing of my own that I used on these cards was some cardstock (for layering and card bases) - Recollections Brown and Stampin' UP! Really Rust.

Here are the two cards I made with her kit...

Card #1







Card #2





Oh, and just in case you noticed.. yep, I did put the foxy sentiment on the wrong card. Duh!

*Edit - so I decided to fix my mistake. ;)


All better. Life. is. good.

SCORE TIME: Would I give this week a “thumbs up” or a “thumbs down”?




Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

4 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Your designs with this sassy fox and raccoon are fabulously fun, Jeanette! What great images paired with perfect papers and layouts!

Katydid Cards said...

What adorable images! I especially love that raccoon because i relate to how he feels after a huge meal, LOL You've done a fabulous job on both these cards...not surprising, you always make awesome cards. And, wow, what a week you've had. A definite thumbs up from me.

kiwimeskreations said...

A couple of fabulous cards Jeanette - love the 'cover-up'!!, and the torn end of the dp on that card is great.! The foxy card is a sweetie too.
Blessings
Maxine

Carol W said...

These are awesome cards...just stinkin cute!!!!