Tuesday, July 12, 2016

Gathering Seashells By the Sea


I love the beach. Since I live far FAR away from the beach, though, I very rarely get to go there. So I like to go there in my dreams.

This month I also got to go there in my Working Studio, because Vickie sent a gorgeous seashell-themed image to the Mystery Image group for our July cards. THANK YOU Vickie!


Stampendous "Seashell Jar"




I chose subtle papers so as not to overwhelm the softly-colored image.

I. love. the. image!


Here's the inside:





Thanks for stopping by my blog today!

Image: Stampendous Seashell Jar stamped with Memento Black ink onto Crafter's Companion Ultra Smooth White 100# cardstock and colored with Copic Markers
Sentiment: Our Daily Bread Happy Retirement stamped with Versafine Onyx Black ink
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Soft Sky and True Thyme
Designer Paper: Paper Studio Beach House Paper Pad
Embellishments: Fiskars Rain Drops

9 comments:

Lynn McAuley said...

Be still my heart!! I love the beach, too, Jeanette. Fortunately it is only about 30 minutes away!

This amazing jar of shells brings back many happy memories!! Beautiful work!

Deb Rauch said...

I am a shell lover since I was a kid! Have collected a ton of shells over the years. I absolutely LOVE your card!!

Stef H said...

this is gorgeous

MiamiKel said...

So lovely, Jeanette - I love how simple the card is to let the image just shine. We live right on the beach so I'll be sure to visit for you, too!

Vickie Y said...

Wow! You created such a fun card using the image! Love it!

Maxine D said...

Jeanette this is stunning!!!!! Love, love, love how you have coloured the beautiful image, and then mounted it to show it off so magnificently!
Blessings
Maxine

Kristie W. said...

What a beautiful image! Great paper choices for it too!

Carol W said...

This card is awesome. I love the layout, image and the way you have colored it. Great job my friend.

:: BlueInks :: said...

The subtle colors and layout of the papers make this a perfect card.

Post a Comment