Friday, April 15, 2016

Sending Springtime Smiles


It's Friday so normally today I'd have a Peek at My Week post, but since it's the 15th... let's get our duel on instead - Dueling Darling style.

Oh, but before we do that, I do have to say a thing or two about my week. My husband has been out-of-state for much of the week... which meant less cooking, more cleaning (it's easier to mop the floors when he isn't here), and a bit more lax routine. Sooooooooooo since last Thursday, I've made 34 cards! Go me!!!

Okay, back to the Duel...

This month the hostesses are Terry (Dazzlers) and Suzy (Divas). They put their heads together and came up with the theme "Swing into Spring" which is perfect, since we are looking forward to warmer weather.

Terry's kit included the following items:

Images: Somebunny to Love (received in a magazine issue of Quick Cards Made Easy from the UK)
Sentiment: Stampin' UP! Easter Blossoms
Designer Paper: Echo Park "Spring"
Embellishments: Prima Flowers, Fawn Lawn Twine, and Jillibean Soup Sequins


THANK YOU, Terry!

Here's my card:


You'll notice that I didn't use any black cardstock for layering like I normally do. For the Spring look, I wanted something lighter - so I went with white layering.




Here's the inside:




Suzy and Terry also asked us to share our favorite dessert for springtime and/or Easter. We don't do desserts at our house.............. but we DO love to go out for ice cream every couple of weeks or so. DQ Choco Cherry Love or Cisne's little ice cream shack's delicious Chocolate Marshmallow Shakes. YUM!

Be sure to stop by the other Dueling Darling blogs to see what everyone else made... you can find links in my left side bar.

Thanks for stopping by my blog today! 


The only thing of my own that I used to make this card was cardstock (Recollections 110# White and Stampin' UP! Soft Sky)

12 comments:

MiamiKel said...

No desserts? That's just Un-American! LOL!! *muah!* We actually seldom eat sweets here - we opt for fresh fruits! Glad you had a less 'busy' week and were able to accomplish so much - It would take me a year to make 34 cards, ROFL!

LOVE the fresh spring look - you have a lot going on with your card but it gives the eye a lot of detail to look around and enjoy!

Happy Spring!

Katydid Cards said...

First...34 cards!! That is fantastic...that's about half a year for me. I love your spring card...that image is just adorable and you have set it off perfectly, as usual.

The insides of your cards are always so beautiful. When you send them, do you write on the patterned paper or do you insert a note?

:: BlueInks :: said...

34 cards! I am just picturing you holed up in the craft room all week! LOL I love the spring feel and soft colors of your card. The image is sweet and made a great layout.

Carol W said...

Cute, cute, cute card. It is so springy..I love how you used your kit...and oh my 34 cards. Way to go. (It is amazing what can be done when the schedule is a bit more lax). I'm with you on ice cream. From little girl on my favorite has been DQ ice cream cake for my birthdays.

Shelly Schmidt said...

I love this darling card- and love your card sketch. Sounds like a relaxing week- NOT! But I agree, when the house has less people in it, it is so much easier to clean : ) You are my card making hero! 34 cards! I am so slow at card making, I cannot imagine that! I miss ice cream- sounds delicious!

dweatter said...

Oh J your card is so soft and pretty! Great idea to use the DP behind the image. I always use solid CS - but this is so cool. I must try it. I really like the light colors you used on the image. You should try dessert once in awhile...like maybe a slice of pie! ;)

kadie said...

Beautiful Jeanette! Love the softness to this Spring card. Happy Spring!

Lynn McAuley said...

Great papers on this delightful card!! That bunny is adorable even if he did pluck the only flower from the pot!!

Barb said...

Jeanette--your card is wonderful. I love the cute image and the layout you used is just perfect. I love the spring colors you picked too. Enjoy the ice cream next time you go.....................

Judy McMullen said...

SWEET! Yes, that's just what your card is!! Love those pretty papers and the soft coloring of that adorable image. Lovely flowers and bling are just the perfect touch...So pretty both inside and out! So glad to be a Dueling Darling with you, my friend. You do inspire me!!

Terry Andress said...

Wow Jeanette! I love what you did with your card! It IS so bright, springy and airy! Happy Spring!

Terry Andress said...

Wow Jeannette! I love what you did with your spring card choices! It is definitely bright, springy and airy! Happy Spring!