Wednesday, November 12, 2014

To Color or Not To Color (Part 1)


I tend to feel more comfortable coloring "cutsie" types of images - like the adorable JessicaLynnOriginal owl, Brentwood! ;) But sometimes I see  adorable stamps/images that look so realistic (like the JesssicaLynnOriginal Dachshund Weiner Dog stamp) and then I feel inadequate in my coloring abilities.

Am I the only one?

So today I decided to try making a card with an "uncolored" dachshund image.






If you like this stamp set you can find it HERE.



Truthfully, I'm not sure I like leaving the image/s uncolored. I think I might try coloring the images (on this same card) next week and we'll do a comparison and see what we think.... so stay tuned to my blog.)


Here's the inside of my card:



Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Images/Sentiment: JessicaLynnOriginal Dachshund Weiner Dog Set
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Recollections Black and Stampin' UP! Marigold Morning
Designer Paper: Reminisce Fire Hydrant Stripe (double-sided)
Embellishments: Brads from an unknown vendor

4 comments:

jimlynn said...

I know what you're feeling about the decision of to color or not.....but you couldn't have made this one any cuter! Of course, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE that precious image but also Love, Love, Love your card too! Outstanding!
LYnn

kiwimeskreations said...

What a stunning effect to leave the images uncoloured Jeanette - it really makes them stand out against the 'busy' background.
Blessings
Maxine

Margaret said...

Your card design is so elegant and bold. I don't think that the dog image needs to be colored here. Well done.

Marilyn said...

I like this card Jeanette and I think it's perfect uncoloured because the paper has a lot going on and the plain image pulls your eye right in. Love those papers too but yep, I think uncoloured was the right choice on this one. Love those little paw brads too.