Sunday, November 2, 2014

Ponies in Distress


I had a challenge to meet! Using distressing. Truthfully, I'm just not very good at distressing - whether it's roughed edges, ink smudges, or whatever. I never seem to think it looks right when I try to do it.

Today's card is no exception.






See what I mean? You can hardly see the ink distressing on this card. I smudged ink on all four sides of the brown designer paper, but you can hardly tell. UGH!

But it is what it is.... and it IS for a challlenge.

http://onestitchatatimechallenge.blogspot.com/


Challenge #223

Theme Anything Goes with Distressing

Prize: November 4 Image Prize Pack



I sure hope you'll participate in the OSAAT Anything Goes with Distressing Challenge!


Here's a picture of the inside of my card:


I'm entering my card in the following challenges:

Art by Miran - Anything Goes
Brown Sugar - Anything Goes
Party Time Tuesday - Anything Goes
Sister Act - Anything Goes
Through the Craft Room Door - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by my blog today!


Image: IkeSArt Ponies
Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa (for Distressing) and Copic Markers (for coloring the image)
Cardstock: Stampin' UP! Early Espresso and Staples Ivory
Designer Paper: from my scrap pile
Embellishment: Michael's Rhinestones and Ribbon from an unknown vendor

13 comments:

ike said...

Oh, that's lovely :-) The background paper looks already distressed so I wouldn't worry. It's a fabulous card. Thank you for using one of my images :-D

IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog

Sandra van Blaricum said...

Lovely card Jeanette!
beautiful image and coloring!
Thanks for joining the TTCRD challenges.Hugs,Sandra

Christine Harrop said...

Love you card Jeanette. I know exactly what you mean though - I really struggle with distressing. It's just not me! Christine

Creations by Shirl said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

Creations by Shirl said...

Great card! Thanks for joining us over at Brown Sugar Challenge~

Maxine D said...

Jeanette we are our own harshest critics - this is a stunner, and I love the image you have chosen and coloured so beautifully.
Blessings
Maxine

Kristie W. said...

I thought you distressed the background paper! I think you met the challenge. I have to say your horses are just beautiful. Your coloring on them is awesome!

kel Acopan said...

lol itʻs the thought that counts, right?? i bet the picture just doesnʻt do the distressing justice. lovely card!!

lovies, =o) kel

Bonnie said...

Great card! Thanks so much for participating in our Party Time Tuesday Anything Goes Challenge.

Desire Fourie said...

Just gorgeous with great attention to detail. It is perfect for our 18th ‘ANYTHING GOES’ challenge. Thanks for sharing your talent with us. Good luck.
Hugs
Desíre
{Art by Miran Showcase DT Member}
{Would love you to visit my blog and join my 1,000 Follower Give-Away. Thank you so much, if you have already entered, and good luck.}
{Doing Life – my personal blog}

Gea said...

Whow These is beautiful . Thank you for joining Brown Sugar Challenge Gr Gea

Shelly Schmidt said...

I think it looks better than you give yourself credit for! LOVE that image- and the distressing is subtle and does not overpower it. Wonderful card!

Margaret said...

It's fabulous Jeanette. The distressing looks great really! Maggie - DT